Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wow i should really change my member name........:D

anyway, this is a rather dumb question, but for me, neutral has ALWAYS been a "no no" in my 4eat wrx. neutral drops, and messing up teh tranny, the list goes on, it all scares me, so i have never thought of putting the car into neutral unless my car was at rest and the foot off the throttle. :( the only time i use it is when i park, ---netural, ebrake, let car rest on ebrake, then shift into P---.

so my question is this. all hte 5spd guys like to throw revs when they see other cars, enthusiasts, etc. i just installed a nice exhaust setup and thought it would be cool to try that. how bad would it be if i were cruising, under 30mph, put it into n, blipped the throttle for some noticeable attention, and waited for the rpms to go back down before i put it into gear and drove off.

is this even possible? someone please explain how neutral, in and out of gear while driving works. ive accidentally gone into it as i was manually shifting all the way to D, and went into N, but shifted back and nothing seemed to happen.

pfffffffewww thanks

/rant off

·
Registered
105 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
It's fine. As long as the revs aren't too high, it's ok to do that.

-Jim
...and just don't make a habit of that.The very thought of a nuetral drop makes me cringe.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Revving it in neutral won't hurt a thing. Revving it to redline and dropping into gear will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts