Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a picture in a magazine for some neon and it had a wrb wrx with a blue neon under the hood glowing out of the scoop. I know it may sound a little ricey, but I want to put one there, but can't find a good place to mount a neon so that the light will shine through bright, but it will not obstruct air flow over the intercooler.

So my question is, has anybody done this any where exactly did you mount the light.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
cjackswrx said:
I saw a picture in a magazine for some neon and it had a wrb wrx with a blue neon under the hood glowing out of the scoop. I know it may sound a little ricey, but I want to put one there, but can't find a good place to mount a neon so that the light will shine through bright, but it will not obstruct air flow over the intercooler.

So my question is, has anybody done this any where exactly did you mount the light.
i posted something like this awhile back. I was watching Knight Rider and i saw the LED so i thought of something that would go back and forth in the scoop. It does look ricey and it would pretty much kill airflow to the IC.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
WAN = Wrx's Against Neon or Wrx's Against Neons.

·
349 Posts
SacWagon said:
yep, thats what i thought was goin on!

gross, but thanks Osiris!
Hey, you asked! :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
u know what? will undercar lights may be ricey, i dont think everyone should like hate neons. I have a blue neon tube under my drivers seat and passengers seat, wired up nicely with 2 switches on the console. It looks awesome at night, does not look ricey at all. I dont get why people have to associate neon with rice, when its done tastefully.

·
Registered
293 Posts
aaronwillen said:
I dont get why people have to associate neon with rice, when its done tastefully.
ROFLMAO!!! Stop it, you're killing me! FYI, there is no such thing as neon on the car, and tasteful (except for Z8 tail lights).

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
whatever im not going to argue with u saying its gay or not or looks like crap, thats your opinion. Clubwrx isnt a place to be making fun of people. If you dont like somthing you dont have to call it gay, or laugh at a person, just say you dont like how it looks, or constructively criticize people like speedracer did in this post. Thats positive. If you asked me if you liked wrx wagons i wouldnt be like ROTFL, your killing me! why would you buy a wagon sports car!!! i would say no i like the sedans better, that just pissed me off and its not necessary. If you want to go make fun of people for haing neons, www.clubsi.com is always open for that, and i know they enjoy making fun of people.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You're right that I shouldn't have left my comment at that since alone it is too harsh. For that, I'm sorry. I just gave you true reaction which I would have done if we were hanging out and you said that to me. If I would say it to your face, I feel fine in writing it here. I truly started laughing when I read your post. I mean, I could just hear somebody whining "I just don't understand why people don't like neon..." (not exact quote). I'm not saying that you were writing that in a whining way, but that's how I read it. I'll be honest. I finally thought of somewhere that is "normal" to see neon- stereo competition where it is used to accentuate custom design and draw attention to certain details. Is that better?

Since you're desiring constructive criticism... Why would you ever need the neon shining under your seat? The only way I could see would be if it automatically turned on and off with your interior lights, but have switches means that you must cruze down the drag sportin' the glow because it would never be on automatically to get in. What is the point? Additional light on the inside of the car at night is less than functional- it's a distraction. It can be argued that "ricey" is doing things that not only don't help function/performance, but actually take away from it. What you have done would certainly look better than in the hoodscoop in my opinion but is more "ricey" than the hoodscoop due to my reason already stated. I'm open to logical explanations, but we've already gotten off the topic too much of how to install the neon under the hood.

I should stop because I'm already being more harsh on you than I normally am to people. Oh, and don't worry about slamming on wagons, because I'm confident in my choice enough that it doesn't bother me. In my mind, I will just be seeing your lack of logic and reasoning. That doesn't make me right; it just means that I am confident in what I believe.

I forgot to mention that I don't find anything about anybody's car around here "ghey" except for maybe some cherry blossom colored products. ;) I find no sexuality distinctions in the mods. I do, however, think that one's taste on their car can be reflected in the personality of their partner, but that's definitely another discussion.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
and no im not gay lol:D i know i was in a bad mood cause of some F***ed up things that happened today...namely coming back to my room from my girlfriends to find some drunk kid in my bed a 3rd time...thats another story though. Neon coming outta the hoodscoop...yes thats stupid cause it will impede ic airflow..but whatever to each his own.. i dont turn the neons on that much ever to tell u the truth...its just cool in the summer when ur chillin in the car cruisin around or somthing to have em on..i dont know i dont try to be rice..they are just somthing left over from my rice stage...if i had just gotten the car now it would never have happened. Basically back then i was so excited to get a wrx, and i wanted to show all my friends and kids around town who had the nicest car so i was trying to draw all this attention to myself and crap like that. Sorry i was rude back at ya before, im just tired of some of the **** thats going down on the boards lately with some people, and i just wanna keep the board a happy place cause sometimes i think its going to ****, and i want it to last a while. Everyone here is so helpful, and is always willing to help with car problems, and personal problems. Collectively we have more knowledge then any mechanic anywhere, and more experiences with non car related stuff, then any person anywhere..Thats why the club is so great!

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Whether it's Neon, or Neons,

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I honestly wouldn't put neon from my hood scoop, but I'd really like to see what it would look like.

cjackswrx -- don't be discouraged or upset because of what everyone is saying about your idea...I think it's quite imaginative. They're just giving you their input as I am here. If you think it looks cool, by all means go for it. After all, it is your car. Who cares what others may think. I just have one request. Should you decide to do this, I'd REALLY like to see some pics. If you don't feel comfortable posting it, PM it to me. Thanks :)

aaronwillen -- I'd like to see a pic of the neons under your seats. The way I'm picturing it in my head looks cool. Thanks :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am the first person, to be against ricey stuff, but IMO, if neon is done tastefully it is not ricey. I'm not talking about putting the cheap walmart ones under my dash, and on my back deck and driving around with them on at night blinding myself so others will notice my car.

Also I couldn't figure a place to put one so that it doesn't block airflow over my intercooler that's why I posted, cuz the last thing I want to do is hinder the performance of the car.

·
Banned
968 Posts
cjackswrx said:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
ill put up pics when i get home cause i donth ave my digicam with me...it looks very cool especially since i have blue everything...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.