ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about car audio, so please excuse me if i'm asking a dumb question..

I'm thinking about getting one of these, and stashing it under the driver's seat. I currently have the factory "upgraded" stereo system with sub.. How hard would it be to hook up the neo car jukebox to the factory system? I would like to avoid having to connect it using the FM tuner.. From looking at the manual, there are several ways to hook it up. I can use RCA directly to the speakers.. What I"m not sure of is how exactly would it hook up.. Are there harnesses available to do this?
Would I need an amp? Or does my "upgraded" sound system already have one?

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a general idea of how difficult something like this would be.. TIA

http://www.ssiamerica.com/products/neo35/

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You'd need an amp to wire it directly to your speakers. There is no other input on the stock stereo other than the tuner. I considered getting one of these a while back but it never really panned out. It does look like a great system, but options are somewhat limited unless you want to buy a new stereo as well. I ended up buying one that played mp3 cds and while I'd still like the hard drive, I can't justify spending the money on it right now.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have a handheld mp3 player that holds about 30gb and I just plug it into the car with a tape adapter. Have you thought about doing that? Mine was about $250 when I bought it, but now you can get them for about $220.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MasiveMunkey said:
I have a handheld mp3 player that holds about 30gb and I just plug it into the car with a tape adapter. Have you thought about doing that? Mine was about $250 when I bought it, but now you can get them for about $220.
Yeah, I did some research last night and I think that's a decent solution. I think I'm going to go with a head unit from alpine, because they are coming out with an ipod adapter that looks promising.. http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_kca-420i.htm

the alpine head unit will be able to control all the functions of the ipod, so it will be fairly seamless.. i guess that means i'll need to get an ipod :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts