Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V2 Cobb AP with up to date firmware so I'll get that out there 1st.

I am trying to open and also look at the tune/data log I have installed, but I can open it on my computer. How can I open them up and look at them?

I believe the file types are ptm, and my computer won't recognize the file type..any known tricks to help me out or any other type of info?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Email Cobb, I'm certain they'll be able to help you out. Not sure about the file types.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,595 Posts
Agreed. Cobb should be supporting their products. I'd call and/or email.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured others have posted logs and tunes so I was looking to see what had to be done to get them to open. I'll email Cobb tomorrow if noone has a way to get it to open

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
I figured others have posted logs and tunes so I was looking to see what had to be done to get them to open. I'll email Cobb tomorrow if noone has a way to get it to open
Im not sure what my file types are Jinx, but my log files open with Excel. Have you tried it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Idk if I tried it on excel but I did try it with adobe, and 2 others. Might have to email it to my work computer and try it there

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Idk if I tried it on excel but I did try it with adobe, and 2 others. Might have to email it to my work computer and try it there
I don't think it can open without something to turn it into a spreadsheet. Lots of cells in there.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
You shouldn't be able to open the tune and look at them.. that's Cobb's intellectual property. Data logs on the other hand, I always open with Microsoft Excel.

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
You shouldn't be able to open the tune and look at them.. that's Cobb's intellectual property. Data logs on the other hand, I always open with Microsoft Excel.
Cobb allows you (or did allow you) to tweak the maps through ATR. I see that the re-released ATR is available at a premium.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Cobb allows you (or did allow you) to tweak the maps through ATR. I see that the re-released ATR is available at a premium.

Ahh.. I didn't realize they allowed tweaking of the OTS maps, I always figured they were locked. So that's how you can open and view the tune.. with Access Tuner Race.

For the new ATR license you have to take a class. IIRC it's $99.. but I never paid much attention since I already have ATR.. and I don't plan on using the AP anyways.

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
Ahh.. I didn't realize they allowed tweaking of the OTS maps, I always figured they were locked. So that's how you can open and view the tune.. with Access Tuner Race.

For the new ATR license you have to take a class. IIRC it's $99.. but I never paid much attention since I already have ATR.. and I don't plan on using the AP anyways.
Yeah I've used Cobb OTS map as a base map several times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Figured it out I believe, my work computer using excel opened up my data logs. I sti couldn't open up the map I have (not a Cobb OTS) it was in the format ptm. So I will email Cobb tomorrow got to busy at work today.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Buy access tuner race from cobb that's all I know that opens it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
Figured it out I believe, my work computer using excel opened up my data logs. I sti couldn't open up the map I have (not a Cobb OTS) it was in the format ptm. So I will email Cobb tomorrow got to busy at work today.
I'm not sure you're listening here.......

YOU NEED ACCESSTUNER RACE

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I sti couldn't open up the map I have (not a Cobb OTS) it was in the format ptm. So I will email Cobb tomorrow got to busy at work today.

No reason to email Cobb, you have to have Access Tuner Race to be able to open that file format. Although if it's custom tuned it may have been locked by the tuner. If that's the case you will need to take it back to that tuner to be able to open it.

Buy access tuner race from cobb that's all I know that opens it

You can't buy it.. you have to pay for and complete a specific tuning class to gain access to it now.

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
No reason to email Cobb, you have to have Access Tuner Race to be able to open that file format. Although if it's custom tuned it may have been locked by the tuner. If that's the case you will need to take it back to that tuner to be able to open it.

You can't buy it.. you have to pay for and complete a specific tuning class to gain access to it now.
It's a very smart move by Cobb.

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
The change angered a lot of people.. but it should at least curb the number of people who don't know what they're doing messing with things which they shouldn't.
And that's why it's a smart move.

Cobb gave too many Peasants the keys to the kingdom.

Those that damaged the car often tried to hide the modifications from the dealerships. This made dealerships suspicious of virtually every broken WRX/STi came into their bay doors. This made it harder for Cobb to sell APs because people were worried about suspicious dealerships.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts