ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for advice on tunning a 2002 subaru wrx.

uppipe
TBE
stock injectors
aftermarket pulley and fuel raills

car has a greddy boost controler not being used at the moment. but in the past it burnt up 2 valves prob due to the boost controler being set too high.

so long story short im looking into getting Cobb stage 2 with the current mods on the car. i dont want the car to run lean.

would a cobb 2 run efficient with the mods i have. i looked on cobb it says stage 2 is for TBE.

so with this being said would it be better to get the car tunned or just stick with cobb. what i dont understand about tunning is (what does tunning effect? does it make the car run how its supposed to run with mods or is it hot rodding the car. i would like to have the car run on a steady level with full exhaust without having to worry about the engine. i have been reading threads for a couple weeks now i cant seem to find any straight forward answers about tunning or stage 2. if i take the car to a tunner what are they going to look for and what are they going to change?:confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Getting a cob ap with a stage 2 base map would support those mods. Only thing it won't is the fuel rail system so I would suggest getting a tune from someone local and that you can trust.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think the fuel rails are going to change much its still got stock injectors. i think the guy put them on for looks. not really sure but ya i am def. going to look into tuning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts