ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Georgia.

Ok i posted on wrxfanatics and didnt get anything close to an answer i needed so I will try here.

I need to be able to run this map on the accessport, only hold up is the turbo back exhaust part.I HAVE TO PASS EMISIONS WITH WHAT EVER I GET, there is no getting somethin and putting stock on for my emissions i have to pass. SO what can i get, whether it is up/down pipes and all that stuff.

""VF30 map using 91 octane fuel. Requires VF30 turbo, STI injectors, stock intake, stock intercooler and turboback exhaust. 315HP / 295 ft-lbs. Cat Efficiency and EGT CEL's removed""

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I don't understand the question.

I see no reason why you couldn't put the stock downpipe back on for emisions. I live in an apt, don't have tools or jacks and that's what i'm going to do, as a lot of other people have. I don't have the means to replace it, but if you want power, get rid of the cats and just get over it. replacing the stock downpipe takes probably 30-45 mins to take it off, and the same to put it back on. simple.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
how does GA test? sniffer or OBD-II?

you can use a short DP (Bosal, Stromung, etc...) and the stock 3rd cat (or use Daddy's Mad-dad 3DE) and what ever catback you want. Tubbytreats just passed the sniffer test with the similar setup (TBE) as above.
then after testing you can use a 3rd cat-delete to get more out of the system.

or you can get the Helix DP w/cat. it's about $400 (which would be the same $ as a DP and 3rd cat delete) but less connections to make and you still have a cat.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I think what your asking is how to pass emssions catless if so Toss a bottle of rubbing alchohol in it , works every time. My friends got a beater, a old suburban loud as hell, no cats and he passed. If that thing passes i have faith your car will.... Also you can't do jack till you get a catless uppipe, cat will break up and get into the turbo which will ruin it. I think a TBE is one of the most significant mods if your not gonna bother upgrading the exhaust you might as well not bother upgrading the turbo.

BAH!- I understood what you meant about half way through my post so the thoughts aren't in order, but you should get the general idea, I hope that helps some.

- TOm

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah sweet, how do u do the alcohol thing, just throw in the tail pipe or what, and i suppose i can put the cats on and stuff. so on that map it says i need a turbo back system, can i use a cat back and uppipe? so the uppipe needs to have a cat to pass and thats it(only one with cat needed)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
What he's trying to say is you can still have a catless uppipe and still pass with with stock downpipe so all thats necessary to change is the downpipe ( when you go catless) because cat-back obviously has no cats . As for the alcohol you pour it in the gas tank and it causes the engine to burn cleaner. Theres also a product some people here use, in essence it does the same thing ,but might be a little more effective not sure

I repeat you don't need a cat in the up pipe just the downpipe

EDIT: A catless uppipe is definatly required on a turbo upgrade

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah ok yeah its all clear now, u guys are great, thanks so much for clearing that up, but one more thing, the alcohol. How much to use with how much gas, like for full tank use how much

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
""VF30 map using 91 octane fuel. Requires VF30 turbo, STI injectors, stock intake, stock intercooler and turboback exhaust . 315HP / 295 ft-lbs. Cat Efficiency and EGT CEL's removed""

so if i get an uppipe and cat back will this map work or do i have to get a turbo back exhaust?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
paintbalinpaul said:
""VF30 map using 91 octane fuel. Requires VF30 turbo, STI injectors, stock intake, stock intercooler and turboback exhaust . 315HP / 295 ft-lbs. Cat Efficiency and EGT CEL's removed""

so if i get an uppipe and cat back will this map work or do i have to get a turbo back exhaust?
if that is quoted from cobb, I am laughing at them. why they seem to not include an uppipe as a mod is beyond me.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
If your car is warmed up, even a catless will pass usually. I know for a fact that a car with only the third cat will pass. Tubbytreats documented that for Ohio. And with a CEL fix, you can pass the OBDII test. The kicker is the visual....

You can also run a third cat with these setups I believe. At least with Stage 2 (I know this is different), it doesn't require anything more than a DP.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
exactly, there is a visual. nothing is going to get you past that problem unless the person doing the inspection is a moron or doesn't care.

so, explain to me again how you don't need to put the stocker on? passing by dumb luck of catching a person who doesn't care at the e-check is the answer, i'm not sold.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts