ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have an 2002 WRX and i can hear my right front strut when i go over bumps and whatnot how it makes that sound like its going out. I would like to get it fixed but instead i believe i just want to upgrade all 4 to an aftermarket set of struts I been looking at getting some self adjustable ones just because i think that would be pretty badass to be able to lower or raise my car whenever. Does anyone have some recommendations for aftermarket struts? I plan on getting them with this years Christmas money or if i don't get enough money i will have to pitch in some of my own money to help pay for a decent pair. I already have quiet a few aftermarket parts on my car so i figured i should get something with the suspension now that it needs it in the not to long future.

Thank you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When i needed struts i went with a strut and spring set up. Best bang for your buck. They are a bit pricey but well worth it. I got them with the RCE yellows. Good luck on your decision.

Turn in Concepts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you want the ability to raise and lower your car you better have some big money. Adjustable struts only change the damping characteristics. Not the height of the car. There are some cool cars that have this ability to raise or lower themselves depending on speed but they are big money.

Height adjustable suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The springs are what would adjust your height. If you can get this done it will be really cool.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
with coilovers you can change the ride height, but it includes some wrench time every time you wanna do that. Frankly, I don't know of anyone that actually does it once they put them on. They drop it to the height they want, and leave it.

As CS above said...best bang for your buck, and to retain some good daily driving characteristics, look for a good set of strut inserts and springs. You'll get a good inch drop roughly, and retain good spring rates while improving look and some handling. Koni inserts with RCE springs (Yellows or Blacks) are a good, widely used combo. Coilovers are usually pretty harsh for daily driving and are best used on the track. To get anything worthwhile that won't crap out on you in 6 months, you're looking at spending $1300+.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the best replacement strut for the stocks? I don't want to go to coil-overs I just want good high quality replacement struts/shocks...

Not to sold on the Konis since you need to cut the existing strut remove the stock guts, and install the Koni bits.....

Small market not to many choices....btw mine is a 2008 WRX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts