Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to put a boston acoustics sytem in my car and was wondering if anyone has experience with them install etc. I need to know what size tweeters will fit in the car, i know that the front speakers are 6.5 and the rear 4" i just need to know what the tweeter size is. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I just installed new speakers. Fronts are 5 1/4, at least in the 2003. Dont bother with baffles like Crutchfield told me I needed. The fronts are so shallow, the baffles are wider than the entire door.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
You sure you want Boston Acoustics? How much do you want to spend? There are other car audio speaker manufacturers that are better.. Do you have the stock head unit still?

·
Registered
168 Posts
i think boston always were good speakers...thing is that they need some good power if you go with the pro series or higher

:D frederick:mad:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When i bought the car it was supposed to have the speakers in it, but somehow they were not there when it got to me, so the guy said to get the speaker sizes and he would get me the speakers etc.

I still have the stock head unit, mainly becouse i want to keep the tape deck so i can use my mp3 player through the stereo.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
You should be able to use your MP3 player with an aftermarket CD player. Just get a 1/8" to RCA cable and plug the RCA cables into the input of the aftermarket cd player. Plug the headphone (1/8") jack into your MP3 player and you should be good to go. This way would get you even better sound quality too, probably.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a head unit that plays mp3's is pointless for me, i dont need to have one that either plays mp3's from cd's or has a small ass hell hardrive etc. I prefer being able to have all my music in one place, my mp3 player, that way i dont have to load all my music to different players etc, waste of time in my opinion. I need a good headunit that still has the tape deck unless theres a way to get a tape deck seperate then wire it into the new hu(leaving the tape deck under the seat so its hidden etc.)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Deadpool, did you read my post about hooking up your MP3 player to a CD player head unit without a tape player? ^^^^

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I missed that:p So its not hard to do, hum sounds good, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fronts are 6 1/2" holes but can only fit a 5 1/4". Diamond Audio and Infinity Kappas are the only 6.5" speaker I know you can fit. You need a speaker that is LESS than 2.7" in depth.

If you have any questions let me know, I do this for a living :) I've had my WRX apart for stereo stuff many times.

-Tim

·
Registered
168 Posts
are u talking bout with out spacers b/c i know with spacers i have my 6 1/2 in there .

...:D frederick:mad:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can you put Boston 6.5 in the front and how much work would it take?? I have a rio riot but im pissed off at it so im going to spring for the new ipod 30gig:D . The rio just annoyed the hell out of me it kept messing up songs when they got transfered(also took to long IMO) and the volume button broke so you could only turn the volume down, the head jack broke and was on the fritz etc. Then one night it started to be a jerk and not show the screen(it would light up but no text would be on the screen) after 20 min of turning on and off plus slapping it around i decided to headbutt it really hard, and the lcd basically shattered etc, so now it doesnt work at all.

P.S. if youre an electronic device etc, try not to piss me off i will break you:D .

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yeah I have last year's 10 GB iPOD and I love it enough to not get one of the brand new ones. :) But, the new iPODs are awesome..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts