ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is the problem.. i just took my 02 wrx to the dealership so they could fulfill the factory recall for the fuel rails its stating on my receipt they replaced the fuel vapor piping under the intake manifold. Everything was fine and dandy when i left the dealership.. he did state i had a bit of oil coming from the turbo which i know is not good. There is a hole in my turbo air inlet tube which i was aware of. i just recieved a Godspeed turbo inlet pipe in the mail today. i planned on replacing that and my intercooler hoses tomorrow. Well the bugger is i allso got my cobb accessport in the mail today so i downloaded a stage 1 map.. everything was working perfectly. i did 2 semi large pulls and was instantly satisfied. I ran 5 miles down the road stopped to look at my accessport and then tried to go again and everything was not so perfect anymore. the car was jolting past 3000 rpms and would not want to go any higher.. i now have a flashing ecu light that reads 3 codes P0304 (misfire in cylinder 4), PFFFF, PFFFE. I reloaded my old settings back to the car and it did not make a difference.. my idle is rough now as well.. could this misfire have been caused by something the dealership did? because like i said everything was fine until i had them look at it.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Check your MAF sensor and check the installation of the Inlet tube. Its possible that it may not have been on snug enough.

Also...godspeed products have questionable quality and fitment...if it is the inlet, then you may want to consider replacing it in the future if it keeps happening.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,230 Posts
Have you installed the new inlet or not?

Please simplify by stating what modifications have been performed and what known defects are present.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks to me like everything isn't as snug as it was. Which would make sense.

And no I haven't had time to replace the inlet pipe just got it today

I can rev my car as high as I want while in neutral. But when im driving it doesn't want to go above 3k

The only mods I have are an aem short ram intake .. turboxs bpv 50/50 and flowmaster flange exhaust

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
OMFG.. Really?? You know what the problem is, you add more boost, fuel and air and you post here asking questions??

Replace your inlet tube that has a hole in it!

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Your car is in safe mode - it isn't going to go higher. It is taking care of itself for a very good reason.

You can't drive the car with that hole there.

!!!!

Your car will suck in air after the maf and you be running very lean.

The PF codes are a mystery - no one seems to know what they mean.

After you get the hole fixed and everything sealed up, reset the ECU with the AP.

Then you will know if the dealer caused additional issues possibly if it comes back.

Also clean your MAF properly and install it back in the correct direction.

BTW, you should have just handed that inlet to the dealer, it was a five minute job with the intake manifold off. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, and sincerely, good luck with the install!

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
OMFG.. Really?? You know what the problem is, you add more boost, fuel and air and you post here asking questions??

Replace your inlet tube that has a hole in it!
Dang, I can't believe it took me 6 min. to type that and you get in first!

:cry:

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Thanks myco I like your response a whole hell of a lot better
Eh, he might be gruff but he is also trying to tell you how to save your car. That inlet turns out to be a very important thing - kind of like a hole in your roof. Also, your intake may be an issue. I just hope when you reset it you don't find out that your rings are blown or a hole in your piston - that would not be the dealer's fault.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ill keep the updates on it coming.. the only reason I don't have a new inlet on yet is because it just came in the mail today. I got the intercooler hose kit to put on as well.. im not a dumba** im just new to modifying my own car.. so please be patient with my questions :)

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Ill keep the updates on it coming.. the only reason I don't have a new inlet on yet is because it just came in the mail today. I got the intercooler hose kit to put on as well.. im not a dumba** im just new to modifying my own car.. so please be patient with my questions :)
Yea except he wasn't an ass about it lol
keep your head about you installing the intercooler hose kit, Ive installed several throughout my years and each is different.. They get into your mind and make you pissed. Just take your time trim to fit be careful dont cut to much

BTW... Ill remember that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Lol I mean that with the highest level of respect.. I just came to this forum so I could ask experts like yourself without getting a thrashing whether you think the question is stupid or not everyone is not car savvy and ill be the first to admit im not. Really I was more curious if the work they did at the dealership could have caused my problems. I've realized for a while that the inlet was a problem it just developed into a bigger rip/tear after the dealership put their hands on it.. my car did not run when I purchased it I've done the research and diagnosed/fixed everything myself I just like to be extra precautious with things I hold dear lol for instance my car.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
That is perfectly fine and the biggest thing I was implying that is completely retarded is save the tune for when you have the time to install the inlet. you received both today, Im sorry but adding more boost into an already huge problem wasnt smart.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,230 Posts
OK my worries are two:
1. The inlet is at least one fault and introduces at least one leak. There may be others but without a working inlet it won't be easy to ID them. The tragedy is that the inlet is torture to install and the car was already apart recently, it's a shame to go in there again but you must.
2. Read the map notes. Do not use parts not supported by the map notes. This includes the intake. I don't know if it's supported but if it's not, lose it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I realize that now.. I got speed vision.. my buddy has talked up the accessport to the point I was drooling everytime I would check my order update. I get a little ahead of myself at times I agree

1 - 20 of 26 Posts