ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am swapping over my STi gearbox that came out of my 04 WRX and putting into my 06 WRX. Problem one, how am I going to be able to hook my sensors into the 06 harness and have backup lights and NPS? The male and female clips are different and the WRX has multiple where the STi has everyone bundle to one. Problem two, my clutch is looking a little worn out. Can I get away with picking up a stronger disk and slapping it on the stock pressure plate or no? Any advice would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
Is problem three a transition from male to female stubs between
model years, because I don't recall?

Get a flywheel with the clutch and go new, yes.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
Oh, and get a disc and plate set IMO.

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wiring coming from the 6speed is a single 6 prong electrical connector, and it looks like it covers everything all into one connector(backup light, NPS). The WRX has three separate connectors and they are two 4 prongs and a two prong.

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need some help guys! The WRX has two sensors that make a 4 pin electrical connector. The 6MT has three sensors that make a 6 pin. Why are these different and how to make them work!?

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so I think I have it figured out, take the backup light sensor and the NPS out of my 5speed, lengthen them and hook them to the stock harness? What is the sensor on the other side of the trans?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Sorry I didn't get this until now... Sounds like you figured it out

·
Boost > NA
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah there was a few frantic hours of research while my head was spinning but I got it figured it out. Everybody was telling me that the wiring shouldn't be any different at all.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Good to know you figured it out. I never knew of that particular issue with the 6spd swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts