ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 wrx and i would like to do a wheel and tire upgrade. im looking to buy a tein coilover setup and lower it like an inch. what size rim and tire would you guys suggest. i would like to go wider than stock however, i dont know how wide i can or cant go. i dont understand all the number people put up when they post rims and tires. i am new to the tuner world and would very much like some positive feedback to put me into the right direction. thank you and have a great day

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Why do you want coilovers?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you only want o lower it an inch and you aren't trying to get crazy slammed you should just get a good set of lowering springs. Cheaper and will do what you want. If you.want more than an inch drop, gowith coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want coilovers because i want this car to be my weekend track car as well. any info on the rims and tires

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Skip the teins if you want to track the car. They are for basic looks only.

Wheels 17" or 18" with a width of 8" and an offset of +48 is going to be perfect for you. Tires either go with a 225/45/17, 245/45/17, 235/40/18 or 245/40/18

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you only want o lower it an inch and you aren't trying to get crazy slammed you should just get a good set of lowering springs. Cheaper and will do what you want. If you.want more than an inch drop, gowith coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

agreed, i went the route of the COBB springs ( i dont know if they still produce them, id have to check) but for a mediaocre cost i got about 1 inch drop front and back initially, and as time passed and the springs settles, about 1.5-2 inch drop. just enough to tuck the lip of the tire a tiny bit. much firmer, and i did see a handling improvment.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
T0rque said:
Skip the teins if you want to track the car.
If you want to track the car, look at the TiC or RCE coilovers. If you'd rather stick with the Tein budget, go with something like Koni Inserts / RCE springs. Will handle as good (if not better) than the Teins, and ride better too.

Chaps9825 said:
any suggestions on rims? about how much does a light wheel weigh
Enkei RPF1s are pretty inexpensive and lightweight. I prefer the look of the OZ Alleggerita HLT, but they're a bit more expensive.

Both are available on TireRack, so you can look at price/specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts