ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying COBB stage 2 along with the Stage 1 SF intake for my 2018 Sti and I’ve seen other forums say that the OTS MAPs don’t support the downpipe and intake combo without also doing the fuel system (so the entire stage 3 kit), if that is in fact the case can I still run the stage 2 plus intake combo just with a different map or what exactly would I need to upgrade further? I am also concerned with the quality of fuel around my area it’s only 91 and I’ve seen most Maps are 93, is that correct?
Notably I am trying to stay strictly COBB.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,501 Posts
If you are going to give them a bunch of money give them a call first and have them work for it.

·
Æternum
19,736 Posts
If you are going to give them a bunch of money give them a call first and have them work for it.
Can't think of a better way to say it.

Notably I am trying to stay strictly COBB.
Seems like missed opportunity...

can I still run the stage 2 plus intake combo just with a different map or what exactly would I need to upgrade further? I am also concerned with the quality of fuel around my area it’s only 91 and I’ve seen most Maps are 93, is that correct?

Summary: So, where does this leave us? In short, it means that we (COBB Tuning Subaru Experts) are not comfortable offering “Stage2+SF” as a released stage package for the 2015 STI. We know this is likely to disappoint some and confuse others, especially since the package is still offered for the GR vehicles. However, not all is lost. Thanks to our partnership with Injector Dynamics, we are well-positioned to now offer OTS packages that include fueling system upgrades, which have typically been “custom tune only” territory for Subarus. Be on the lookout for an upcoming COMPLETE Stage3 package for 2015 STI that includes fuel system solutions in addition to full turboback and intake hardware!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I messaged cobb a few times. They are very helpful & pretty quick to respond. There is also a lot of answers if you read the questions section of the part you are looking at on their website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I expected to be given some shit since I said I wanted to stay strictly Cobb but I definitely appreciate the help! I have emailed Cobb just awaiting a response.
Any of you know if I can run just the stage 2 kit with out changing my intake?

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you look at the maps on the website they list supported mods. Stage 2 map says

RELATED MODIFICATIONS
Intake:Stock Airbox , Stock Air Filter
Turbo-Back:Aftermarket Turbo-Back , COBB Turbo-Back Exhaust
Engine Management:COBB Accessport

What are you trying to achieve with these mods?

I have no room to speak ill of cobb. I'm sitting on an intake & access port waiting till I can get the car looked over before installing. Several around here seem to recommend not modding at all & from past explanations I can't say they are wrong. Also likely don't have as much experience & knowledge as some of these guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look at the maps on the website they list supported mods. Stage 2 map says

RELATED MODIFICATIONS
Intake:Stock Airbox , Stock Air Filter
Turbo-Back:Aftermarket Turbo-Back , COBB Turbo-Back Exhaust
Engine Management:COBB Accessport

What are you trying to achieve with these mods?

I have no room to speak ill of cobb. I'm sitting on an intake & access port waiting till I can get the car looked over before installing. Several around here seem to recommend not modding at all & from past explanations I can't say they are wrong. Also likely don't have as much experience & knowledge as some of these guys.
Honestly this is my first car that I’ve ventured into modifying, and I have an irrational fesr of mixing various parts and what not. I acknowledge it’s irrational but that why I’m staying with Cobb because they sell in kits. My Sti is my daily driver and I’ve always been obsessed with the boxer sound and the feel of the car so my goal is to just bring that sound out more and just make my car more fun but maintain the reliability of a daily driver.

·
Æternum
19,736 Posts
I’ve always been obsessed with the boxer sound and the feel of the car so my goal is to just bring that sound out more
This is good, because it implies that there is an upper limit to the level of modifications that you will be doing.

FreyGuy said:
Any of you know if I can run just the stage 2 kit with out changing my intake?
This concerns me because it's evidence that you not only did not follow the link in my prior post, but didn't even read a single word of the second paragraph. The gist: the Stage 2 package REQUIRES the use of the OEM airbox.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts