ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I go to the dealership and blow my cover, I'm running the TurboXS stage 2 with God's uppipe. I have the TurboXS HPBC, unichip, and downpipe. At first, everything has been great - no CEL's. Then the cops came out here in Washington. If you're living here, you'll know what I mean - the troopers are everywhere with no mercy. So that has slowed me down. Slowed me enough to send me putting down I-5 at 2700 in 5th with the cruise control or no foot on the gas literally. This has given me CEL's. Funny and I kid you not. When I drive the car normally, I get CEL's. After driving it harder and with a few start-up's, the CEL goes away. Now it's on and it hasn't left. The car runs fine - no difference. However I wrote to Mark at TurboXS and he replied, "You are most likely getting the Cat Efficiency CEL." I will get the code pulled, however what does this mean? Has it happened to others? And what can I do to get this rectified if it is in fact what Mark is suggesting?

·
Registered
555 Posts
you and I have the exactly same set up and I had the exactly same problem you have right now. just like u said, driving normal is just asking for CEL and driving the car like I stole it, then the CEL went away. the dealer I went to is a pile of poop, so I reset it myself, 2 weeks no CEL, but u should still get it checked.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey slin02...

Since you reset it yourself, have you been driving it normally without CEL's?

·
Registered
555 Posts
the car is driving just fine. I didn't want to take it back to check the code is becuz I don't want to spend too much time to move my MBC, unichip, and put back my intake back to stock ( argh! too much work and ) even I did, the dealership where I am at wasn't really that mod friendly. anyways, I personally think you should get the code pulled, in case it is not something major, and for me, I am just a risk taker.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I put on the Scooby Sport turbo back exhaust and of course I immediataly started throwing CEL's for the Cats. Casper Electronics makes a O2 simulator which you wire up to the second O2 sensor. It took care of the CEL issue for the Cats. It ran me $58.49 with shipping. www.casperselectronics.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts