ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, i have a 2004 subaru impreza wrx with a sti swapped motor. Stage 2 tuned on 93 octane. After i put a set of good aftermarket headers on to replace the stock exaust manifold that was completely shot everything is sealed from engine block to up pipe to turbo and from turbo to down pipe all the way to the back of the car. I installed what i thought was a working upstream o2 sensor and found out it was faulty sent it back,then got same one that worked. After it was installed it have been throwing CEL here and there not consistantly, (code is p0133 or slow response i have obd scaner in my car to run the computer and clear the standing and any pending codes). After i do all that the motor is still very hesitant on throtle response. Cleaned mass air flow sensor in my perrin short ram cold intake tubing, changed all plugs and coil packs. Just did oil change last week was running and idling normal for half a week then started to hesitate once again all fluids are good and the right ones needed for my car. No turbo leaks, vacuum or anything of that nature in an way had everything checked. But soon as it starts to accelerate at times, in traffic, stopped at a traffic light or try and backup car tends to want to stall but slowly corrects its idle RPMs, can anyonr please give me some insite to what the real issue may possible be from my explainition...

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
I would be wary of the O2 sensor. Perhaps get an OEM one if your current one is not OEM. Also, double check the wiring to and from it.

You also may have a very small exhaust leak. Just verify that. There is also the possibility that something with the header design is causing it to send a false reading. However i would suspect the sensor.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,128 Posts
Wait,

Did you remap the car for the new headers?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,128 Posts
Sorry I cannot follow your last sentence.

Map the car for the headers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Howdy all, i have a 2004 subaru impreza wrx with a sti swapped motor. Stage 2 tuned on 93 octane. After i put a set of good aftermarket headers on to replace the stock exaust manifold that was completely shot everything is sealed from engine block to up pipe to turbo and from turbo to down pipe all the way to the back of the car. I installed what i thought was a working upstream o2 sensor and found out it was faulty sent it back,then got same one that worked. After it was installed it have been throwing CEL here and there not consistantly, (code is p0133 or slow response i have obd scaner in my car to run the computer and clear the standing and any pending codes). After i do all that the motor is still very hesitant on throtle response. Cleaned mass air flow sensor in my perrin short ram cold intake tubing, changed all plugs and coil packs. Just did oil change last week was running and idling normal for half a week then started to hesitate once again all fluids are good and the right ones needed for my car. No turbo leaks, vacuum or anything of that nature in an way had everything checked. But soon as it starts to accelerate at times, in traffic, stopped at a traffic light or try and backup car tends to want to stall but slowly corrects its idle RPMs, can anyonr please give me some insite to what the real issue may possible be from my explainition...
Heard the sti motor is too much for the wrx transmission?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts