ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Current suspension mods are (2004 WRX) a Cusco rear swaybar and a front strut tie bar, 17x8 rims and 225/45 Yoko's, and white line steering rack bushings. I have a Whiteline anti-lift kit that will be going in soon. I have been offered a new pair of Tein Super Street Coilovers (sans pillow ball mount) installed for $1430. I was thinking about adding a front sway bar, and that front sub frame connector from cusco as well. I'm looking for a hair lower than stock ride height.

Would any of you with similir setups care to comment? Specifically on the Tein's and how they handle day to day driving. The guy selling and installing them has them on his EVO, and i've been for rides in his car - that thing is a monster in corners.

My main concerns are grip, how they will handle boston pot holes, price of parts and labor, and what else people believe would help to round out my setup.

Thanks guys,

-J

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Can't really comment on the Tein's except to say that coilovers can cause some headaches over a set and forget strut/spring combo. Also generally speaking, the strut/spring combo will have more suspension travel vs many of the JDM coilovers- nice for uneven terrain (ie pot holes).

I can probably comment on the STi setup, but will need to know which setup your talking about- several oem and aftermarket versions.

Big Sky

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
faylix said:
the STI setup would probably be just a take off from the USDM 04 STi

-J
I think this would be a tough setup to beat IMO. The price is going to be good for one. You get very good inverted struts w/ 40mm pistons that just happen to be damped for the springs riding on them. You'll get a slight lowering ~ 1/2", w/ firmer springs. The "perfect" setup for a daily driver (especially w/ rough roads) that will be very capable @ canyon running/auotxing/track days.

Big Sky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts