ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents.. I just bout a 2002 wrx and it has a hks bov a typhoon cai and a turbo xs muffler... im wanting to put a complete stage 2 on it and i dont know what all the stage 2 consists of. I would like to put around 19-21psi on the car.. it is at about 15 psi right now and i dont know if a stage 2 comes with ecu and exhaust upgrades or if its a turbo and injectors with fuel pump and ecu.. So if anyone could tell me down to the last bolt what i need to get the car 20plus psi i would be very greatful thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So for your intake I would buy a Cobb sf intake and when you say muffler do you mean its a turboxs turbo back exhaust, cat-back, axle back or just an actual muffler?? For so called stage 2 I would recommend investing in a Cobb Accessport. To go stage 2 all you really need is a turbo back exhaust, which includes a downpipe. On a stage 2 Cobb tune you will not hit 19-21psi and on a stock td04 I wouldnt recommend it. I am running 20 psi on my bugeye, but I understand that it shortens the life of the turbo. Lance at Cobb looked through my datalogs and everything is perfect on my car so far. To hit that boost I am running a turboxs manual boost controller. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and ill help as much as possible. Check Cobb out, here is a link; cobb . wrx accessport . map listing

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
So for your intake I would buy a Cobb sf intake and when you say muffler do you mean its a turboxs turbo back exhaust, cat-back, axle back or just an actual muffler?? For so called stage 2 I would recommend investing in a Cobb Accessport. To go stage 2 all you really need is a turbo back exhaust, which includes a downpipe. On a stage 2 Cobb tune you will not hit 19-21psi and on a stock td04 I wouldnt recommend it. I am running 20 psi on my bugeye, but I understand that it shortens the life of the turbo. Lance at Cobb looked through my datalogs and everything is perfect on my car so far. To hit that boost I am running a turboxs manual boost controller. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and ill help as much as possible. Check Cobb out, here is a link; cobb . wrx accessport . map listing
If you want to hit higher boost than the Cobb map hits, use a map that is designed to hit it and tweak it to your car or work with an E-tuner. IMO Opensource with a tactrix/openport cable is a much cheaper and somewhat better option than Cobb for targeting higher boost than normal OTS stage II. 20PSI in the midrange tapering at higher RPM isn't ridiculous, however cranking up an MBC to hold it there and running it on a map that isn't specifically adjusted for your car and that isn't even designed with fueling and timing in mind in those load ranges might be working for you, however, it is not at all a safe recommendation to make from anything I have ever heard.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you want to hit higher boost than the Cobb map hits, use a map that is designed to hit it and tweak it to your car or work with an E-tuner. IMO Opensource with a tactrix/openport cable is a much cheaper and somewhat better option than Cobb for targeting higher boost than normal OTS stage II. 20PSI in the midrange tapering at higher RPM isn't ridiculous, however cranking up an MBC to hold it there and running it on a map that isn't specifically adjusted for your car and that isn't even designed with fueling and timing in mind in those load ranges might be working for you, however, it is not at all a safe recommendation to make from anything I have ever heard.
My stage 2 map isnt an ots map. Its a custom map including launch control and a few other goodies. So im not just cranking up a mbc. lol

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
My stage 2 map isnt an ots map. Its a custom map including launch control and a few other goodies. So im not just cranking up a mbc. lol
lol - I'm glad we agree then. You have to admit without clarification of what you wrote it sure sounded like that was what you were saying to do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
lol - I'm glad we agree then. You have to admit without clarification of what you wrote it sure sounded like that was what you were saying to do.
I do agree with you. Lol. I Pmd him and did mention its not an ots map i'm running. I just forgot to mention that on the thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I do agree with you. Lol. I Pmd him and did mention its not an ots map i'm running. I just forgot to mention that on the thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Thanks for the diligence. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts