ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,212 Posts
Maintenance first. Either your 30K, 60K, 90K, or 105K are coming up. Prefer authentic Subaru parts.

Other than that, tyres. They'll make the most difference in handling.

If all of the above are done, look into open source mapping.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Oops I don't read sometimes :)

Don't discount what SD said though. If the maintenance is needed by Subaru standards there is no reason to pass it up.

If not, I'd do some suspension work. Koni's, sway bars, endlinks and bushings!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maintenance first. Either your 30K, 60K, 90K, or 105K are coming up. Prefer authentic Subaru parts.

Other than that, tyres. They'll make the most difference in handling.

If all of the above are done, look into open source mapping.
Well, the motor was replaced about 8k ago due to a thrown rod bearing... ya know, that knock issue they had. So I'm sitting on 38k on the car, and 8k on the motor. All maintinance is done in that resepct. I was looking for performance upgrades. Thinking Cobb. Haven't read too much on the open source option yet. But adjustible swaybars are in my future.

Current mod list?
Ummm...

2009 wrx bone stock with $1,000 to spend.

and....

Go!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,212 Posts
Have the replacements been as reliable as, say, a 2010 or as a 2009 was meant to be? You could consider staying as you are with the motor until the warranty is well done, just to see if there are any further problems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ahh, you beat me to my rage post! lol

yeah, like I said, all the maintinance is up to date by subaru due to that rod kock issue that I had to have my engine replaced. Infact, I just spoke with the service guy the other day, and he said to come in at 45k for the next schedualed service.

I was thinking whiteline adjustible sways with some with matching endlinks and a possible steering rack bushing upgrade.

Thoughts? I still want more powa though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have the replacements been as reliable as, say, a 2010 or as a 2009 was meant to be? You could consider staying as you are with the motor until the warranty is well done, just to see if there are any further problems.
As far as I know they are... Well, the only real change I would do to the actual engine would be an intake and a flash. Which both could be easily changed back to stock if there was a problem... ya know?

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Save $900 more and get the full Stg 2 package from Kronos Performance. Clicky!

Comes with intake, DP, catback and a Cobb AP if you get the full package. If not you still get the AP and a DP for a little under $1000. Plus right now he is having a 7% sale on anything above $200.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
I just picked up a set of whiteline sways (24F/22R) and kartboy endlinks and they are loads of fun. I would consider holding off on the power mods until warranty is closer to being up, but thats up to you. Other than that a cat back exhaust, or even an axle back, will give the car some growl. It makes me smile and enjoy my ride that much more

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a plan then. I was looking to drop a decent amount of the 1k into it, so maybe I'll look into a catback with the full downpipe on hold till the warranty runs out ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just picked up a set of whiteline sways (24F/22R) and kartboy endlinks and they are loads of fun. I would consider holding off on the power mods until warranty is closer to being up, but thats up to you. Other than that a cat back exhaust, or even an axle back, will give the car some growl. It makes me smile and enjoy my ride that much more
You know what they say about great minds...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ideas on a good catback? I have a 9 month old daughter, so nothing that drones... I was thinking Invidia Q300.

Oh yeah, I forgot... I have a hack, not sedan.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
ideas on a good catback? I have a 9 month old daughter, so nothing that drones... I was thinking Invidia Q300.

Oh yeah, I forgot... I have a hack, not sedan.
Save the money and stick with the stock catback. You wont find any on the cheaper side that don't drone. Even the more expensive ones drone a little. Just get a DP and Cobb AP and go stage 2 and use the rest for F/R shifter bushings, trans mounth, and possibly pitch stop. You'll still have cash left over after all that. Shop used and you can get even better deals.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Save the money and stick with the stock catback. You wont find any on the cheaper side that don't drone. Even the more expensive ones drone a little. Just get a DP and Cobb AP and go stage 2 and use the rest for F/R shifter bushings, trans mounth, and possibly pitch stop. You'll still have cash left over after all that. Shop used and you can get even better deals.
If you want power, I support this.

Also, you could look into the downpipe, and just go for a protune off the bat. Makes the driveability of the car that much better than an Accessport.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Race car!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts