ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can anyone please help me out so like 3 days ago I got a 2017 Subaru wrx and I think it’s in valet mode because when I want to floor it it won’t let me pass 3,500 RPM and no boost only like 10 psi to 13 and so I don’t really know if it had a Cobb ap I did research and I’m leading towards the valet map because the only thing I can see is that it has a different charge pipe a red perrin so can someone help me out And I’m also thinking it’s a boost leak but I don’t know Because 1st gear goes up to like 5k rpms and then 2nd gear doesn’t pass 3500 rpms ????Help please I’m new to the subie world 😂

·
11,420 Posts
Car has to be tuned for the intake. I'd take it back and tell them to fix it

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,284 Posts
The suggestion remains valid.

·
29,284 Posts
If the car isn't mapped it's going to need a map. If the car is mapped, you need access to that map because obviously something is wrong. It's possible the car was put back to semi-stock and you're in limp mode; it's possible the car has the wrong map on it; I can't know from the description.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the car isn't mapped it's going to need a map. If the car is mapped, you need access to that map because obviously something is wrong. It's possible the car was put back to semi-stock and you're in limp mode; it's possible the car has the wrong map on it; I can't know from the description.
the dealer I got it form told me that car seem to be running rich and it doesn’t look like it had a cobb ap ? They are gonna put the charge pipe back the normal stock and see if it’s still the same

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And sorry if I’m not explaining right

·
29,284 Posts
Wait -- you got this car from a dealer?! In the USA? A dealer cannot sell you an illegal car knowing it's for road use. This is their problem, not yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the dealer has it right now and they said they gonna put it back to stock but I’m still wondering what it could be

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wait -- you got this car from a dealer?! In the USA? A dealer cannot sell you an illegal car knowing it's for road use. This is their problem, not yours.
Yeah the dealer has it right now and they said they gonna put it back to stock but I’m still wondering what it could be

1 - 14 of 14 Posts