Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So driving on the highway and all these lights came on... Brake light, cruise, abs, traction control, the hill light thing, sport light flashes, check engine, and the speedometer goes all the way up and then all the way down stops in the middle etc... The code reader on the acessport reads PO500 wheel speed sensor

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
My brother had a similar code and it was the wheel speed sensor on the wheel bearing. Some companies tie that into the abs controller so that's possible.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
How did they find out which one it was?
Well, it was the one that was ground to a nubbin from a bad bearing. I've not pulled the one on the GR Subaru so I don't know exactly how it's mounted. His just came out easily with a wrench.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
With my laptop software code reader, it tells me which one it is with a specific number. I am glad I did not get an accessport if it does not tell which wheel. If you were near me I'd read the specific code for u.

Some auto parts stores now have the more sophisticated code readers they use to check such things for free. Some place may be able to tell you which wheel......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts