ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum,
I am in somewhat of a debacle at the moment. I bought a 2010 WRX last week and first of all let me say I love it. But the car was repod and the previous owner had it tuned to a stage2 91 PO137 PO139 tune. I called cobb and they told me this is not a preloaded map but a specialized tune. The car seems
To be running fine. Is anyone familiar with this? I just want to be sure I am treating my Rex correctly. I cannot get it tuned otherwise because the closest tuning place is 400 miles away. Another question I had is this. The highest octane gasoline we can get in fairbanks is 90, is it alright if I continue to use this tune or will my car be in dire straits? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Without looking at a log there's really no way to tell if it's a safe tune or not. What I would do is first, find out what aftermarket parts are on the car, then contact an e-tuner (torqued performance comes highly recommended from people here) buy a tactrix cable, and flash an appropriate map for your modifications. That way you are sure the map is proper for your car and your fuel. If you have the means, post a log here for some of our experts to look at and maybe they can tell if there are any glaring issues.

Reactions: Mikie13

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
^^^Solid info up there.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
If this is a Cobb load, and you don't have the AP that is married to it, your ECU is locked. This is a major gripe I have with Cobb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts