ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new TurboXS Catback Exhaust System last night, it took only like 2 hours to install which surprised me... Anyways, where the stock meets the aftermarket right after the cat. conv. there is a doughnut gasket. The hardware kit that came with the exhaust comes with 3 gaskets and they don't fit around the doughnut gasket. Is the doughnut enough to seal it, or was I supposed to put on the copper gasket also? :confused:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I used the stock donut gasket and the copper gasket. Do you have a sedan or hatch?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
The doughnut gasket should be enough. No need to use the aftermarket gasket. It would be a good idea to get a new doughnut gasket from the dealer. It costs about $25.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
GrimmSpeed 3in Downpipe to Stock Cat-Back Adapter Subaru Turbo Models at RallySportDirect.com

Remflex 3 inch 2 Bolt Exhaust Gasket at RallySportDirect.com

Subaru OEM Donut Gasket Subaru Turbo Models at RallySportDirect.com

You can wedge the turboxs cbe up against the donut gasket and get it to seal.. but eventually it will jack up the donut since the cbe is a flat flange and not designed to work witht eh donut seal. The links I've posted above are for an adapter and gaskets that allow you to bolt the two together without leaks.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
GrimmSpeed 3in Downpipe to Stock Cat-Back Adapter Subaru Turbo Models at RallySportDirect.com

Remflex 3 inch 2 Bolt Exhaust Gasket at RallySportDirect.com

Subaru OEM Donut Gasket Subaru Turbo Models at RallySportDirect.com

You can wedge the turboxs cbe up against the donut gasket and get it to seal.. but eventually it will jack up the donut since the cbe is a flat flange and not designed to work witht eh donut seal. The links I've posted above are for an adapter and gaskets that allow you to bolt the two together without leaks.
How should I be though? Mine isn't leaking yet, used the donut and the flange gasket?

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
That's how I did mine too when I had the txs cbe. It worked and didn't leak.. but eventually it'll cut through that donut. Might take a good long time but they're def not designed to work together. The adapter can also be used both ways if later one should want a cobb or other high quality cbe that is designed for a donut but using a downpipe that has a flat flange. Currently I'm using a Invidia dp that has a flat flange and the spt cbe that uses a donut. I got away with double gasketing.. but I'm certain its leaking a little. I'm planning on the adapter soon. On my GF's TR she has a CNT dp and Cobb cbe and we used the adapter between the two. It works flawlessly and not a single leak.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks mango! I'll fix it when I get the downpipe next year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's how I did mine too when I had the txs cbe. It worked and didn't leak.. but eventually it'll cut through that donut. Might take a good long time but they're def not designed to work together. The adapter can also be used both ways if later one should want a cobb or other high quality cbe that is designed for a donut but using a downpipe that has a flat flange. Currently I'm using a Invidia dp that has a flat flange and the spt cbe that uses a donut. I got away with double gasketing.. but I'm certain its leaking a little. I'm planning on the adapter soon. On my GF's TR she has a CNT dp and Cobb cbe and we used the adapter between the two. It works flawlessly and not a single leak.
When you had your TXS CBE how was the fitment? Did it hit the heatshield and if so, how did you fix it? Because mine is hitting and it is quite annoying, I tried to bend it but that only worked for a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts