ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a few problems.

1st: 2 weeks ago a buddy and I were working on my car and while I was changing the oil he decided to change the fuel filter. Well he got one hose off and decided to give up (the other hose was impossible to get off and he got gas everywhere). Now when driving it seems to hesitate around 3 to 3.5 grand.

2nd: I have an after market BOV it was set up for recurculating but I switched to atmospherical and now when i drive my car it runs good but if I shut it off and start it up the voltage drops and the cars idle drops really low almost stalling. But if I rev it a little it goes back to normal.

3rd: And lastly lately my car has been shifting really hard on all gears. I haven't been shifting hard or beating on it. I was wondering do motor mounts just all of a sudden go bad. I have 73,000. So I would think they would go bad so soon, but what do I know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
1. Get your FF changed. But your hesitation is likely your ATM BOV

2. Recirc the BOV its causing problem 1

3. Change your tranny fluid, its overdue.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
1. Get your FF changed. But your hesitation is likely your ATM BOV

2. Recirc the BOV its causing problem 1

3. Change your tranny fluid, its overdue.
+1 on all 3

Do yourself a favor and do a search on BOV and read just a few of the threads...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done research since i change to ATM and found out that if your pro-tuned thats the only way you should run that. But it says recirculating isn't bad for your car. Is that true? It never hesitated when I had it at recirculating. Canging the tranny fluid will fix problem 3?

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok I have a few problems.

1st: 2 weeks ago a buddy and I were working on my car and while I was changing the oil he decided to change the fuel filter. Well he got one hose off and decided to give up (the other hose was impossible to get off and he got gas everywhere). Now when driving it seems to hesitate around 3 to 3.5 grand.

2nd: I have an after market BOV it was set up for recurculating but I switched to atmospherical and now when i drive my car it runs good but if I shut it off and start it up the voltage drops and the cars idle drops really low almost stalling. But if I rev it a little it goes back to normal.

3rd: And lastly lately my car has been shifting really hard on all gears. I haven't been shifting hard or beating on it. I was wondering do motor mounts just all of a sudden go bad. I have 73,000. So I would think they would go bad so soon, but what do I know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Good advice from others. On (1) your fuel filter may have had a lot of dirt, perhaps even water and rust, settled in the filter which was then disturbed and affected flow. Get the filter changed by a mechanic rather than stuff it yourself ...and connections should never be so tight as to be utterly resistant to 'undoing'.

2) Only excessive current drain by something connected into the electrical system, or a crook battery or regulator will drop battery voltage. Yours sounds intermittent and happens at only one circumstance. Personally I'd throw the BOV away or sell it to someone else who gets off on sounds so much they'll pay $300 plus .....and go back to standard. Your car value will increase. I'm one of the many who seeing bits of junk, whatever the label, on a Subaru motor or on any car will just walk away and not even consider buying. Unless you have wound up your turbo you don't even need BOV. Meanwhile the increased compression will be hammering your motor. Doubling compression squares the load on bearings and the likely driving style thereafter leads to increased transmission, clutch and brake wear.

Concentrating on safe and sound driving and caring about others is not improved by getting pre-lubed through listening to your latest noisemaker. Why get poor making Subaru 'candy men tuners' rich and then finding your car is worth very little at changeover or resale time.

You had advice on the transmission by some wise heads. I'm not right up on Subaru autotrans but will make general suggestions .....I'll go further.... change the filter, have the pump/s checked and torque converter function also... have the valves adjusted (presuming Subaru uses that system....) but I'd also have the clutches checked, and have the transfer case checked. .If you bought the car second hand it may have been flogged and had fluid changed and the box tweaked to look clean and seem ok...with the tail-light guarantee. What colour is the fluid now ?...blackened or still clean. If you keep driving it as it is be prepared for a box change or a full reco. These transmission 'black boxes' interact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts