ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have just purchased my WRX and I know that I previously said that I wanted to purchase the COBB AP over OpenSource options, but I have been thinking recently about cost effectiveness and convenience of my two options. Correct me if I am wrong, but from the way that I see it, OpenSource is more cost effective, just having to buy the Tactrix cable and download the software. Where as with AP you have to buy it and then pay someone to tune the car and upload the map, which for me the closest tuner is about an hour away and they charge about $375 for stage 1/2 tune. Although, I don't know how much it would cost to get an e-tune. Also, I always have my laptop with me, so I can flash the ecu for an economy mode or for performance, so that isn't an issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

On a side note, with a TBE and an intake, how could that affect an economy mode flash for the Rex?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
The AP comes with premade maps. I would re-read the product discription and the map notes for the maps. Econmy mode is your right foot. There is no reason the flash maps back and forth unless it's for different octanes or meth maps.

·
Registered
209 Posts
no one actually uses the economy maps with the AP. Not exactly a great tune to use. Plenty of OTS with the AP and with a little reading you could make your own adjustments with ATR that you can download for free from COBB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts