Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title reads. I have been dealing with this missfire issue.

A little back story it's a 2003 WRX with cobb access port stage 2 93 tune. Cobb cai and cobb cat back. I got the car in on trade and the guy said its misfiring in cylinder #4 and he put a new coil pack but it was a cheap amazon one so it fixed it for awhile and started missing again. Now in the mean time of me driving the car i noticed cyl #1 and #3 was also misfiring. So I figured I would get the car and just do a tune up on it. So I put new coils injectors and coil packs and it is still missing. Now its pulling codes for all 4 cylinders misfiring. Not sure what else to change at the moment? But I'm thinking MAF, Cats or maybe 02 sensors? At the moment the car feels fine at WOT but it does have a rough idle. Also car doesnt pull as hard as I think it should after 60 mph?

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
I have checked for both boost and intake leaks. And everything seems to be fine there.
Next step, if I were in your shoes, clean the maf. It's probably covered in crap from the oiled filter. You also mentioned an intake. Has the car been tuned at all? If so it could be an issue with the tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did take out the MAF yesterday and everything was super clean. So I I just removed any types of minor dust around there and I added some seafoam into the gas tank. And the car is just acting weird one minute its idling fine and the next it's missing and shaking. With a flashing check engine light

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
I did take out the MAF yesterday and everything was super clean. So I I just removed any types of minor dust around there and I added some seafoam into the gas tank. And the car is just acting weird one minute its idling fine and the next it's missing and shaking. With a flashing check engine light
Clean it. Don't just look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts