ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i goto westhouston subaru dealership today then a friend of mine from the regular dealership i goto , will not be named, calls me says that the westhouston dealership, they are going to void my warranty due to after market parts........now a subaru rep is coming to see if my valve cover leak was due to my parts.... i have stock headers and i never touched my headers so, i educated myself on the magnus moss act and any tips from you guys or anything at all will help me......cause they kept telling me that they dunno if i touched the headers i said i didnt but they were asses to me.......

thank you

EDIT: the westhouston rep told me"we are going to void your engine and tranyn warranty" the my bro calls, not fahd, and tells them all the stuff of the magnus moss act and now there bringing a subaru rep

i have had this problem with this leak since my car was stock, i just dunno what to do

westhouston was gonna charge me $900 jsut to look at my car see what was leaking? i was like WTF :confused: .....i took it to another one and there checking it for free they said ill prolly have to pay for it to get fixed but i will not go down without a fight

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
You cannot possibly be *****ing about engine warrenty not being covered with the mods you have. They shouldn't and wont cover it. If you had the problem stock, which they wont believe you if you say that (hell, most of us probably dont) you should have had it addressed then.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebr0t said:
You cannot possibly be *****ing about engine warrenty not being covered with the mods you have. They shouldn't and wont cover it. If you had the problem stock, which they wont believe you if you say that (hell, most of us probably dont) you should have had it addressed then.
i did have it adressed but they didnt do it correctly cause i dont totally rape my car man i respect it, and i didnt ask you if you believed me im not in the ****ing mood right now eli you anus..........they said if i didnt touch the headers it should be fixed..........now all i gotta do is prove it

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
if they didnt do it right the first time then why did you take the car from them and not return it back immediately.
:confused1

hopefully they wont but thats going to be a tough fight for ya im thinking.

regardless its your fault for not addressing the problem prior to modding. if youre SOL now...well..youre just SOL.

thats probably going to be the general concensus.

good luck

·
Registered
114 Posts
dude... just watch out for the tall skinny guy with the glasses and black hair. I think he works in the finance/warranty department. He's an a-hole.

I was just looking for their email address myself awhile ago because I want to ask them if I put an STi Axle-back on my car, if it would void my warranty.

I kinda don't want to install it now until I get it in writing that it's ok.

Anyways, good luck with your situation.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
junnel i would call, not email...otherwise they have you in writing youre planning on modding yadda yadda yadda. and if theyre dicks theyll probably flag you.

hard to beleive there are really dealerships out there like this.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JUNNEL20 said:
dude... just watch out for the tall skinny guy with the glasses and black hair. I think he works in the finance/warranty department. He's an a-hole.

I was just looking for their email address myself awhile ago because I want to ask them if I put an STi Axle-back on my car, if it would void my warranty.

I kinda don't want to install it now until I get it in writing that it's ok.

Anyways, good luck with your situation.
ya the guy with the glasses was the one being a dick.........he saw jsut cause i was 17 that he could just tell me he voided my warranty and i would shut up...........but imma fight he cant just do that.........id unno what to do i dont want the rep to come then my warranty will really be voided

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: you said the word "anus" :rotfl: :rotfl:

good luck with the warranty shiz. You should've returned your car to stock if you were going to have them look at something like that.

Its your word against their's about the car having problems when it was stock, and now that it is heavily modified...I doubt they are going to see it in your favor.

Good luck though...

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see its complicated i basically got caught in a fight between the dealership i bought my car from and westhouston...........service managers at my dealership used to work at westhouston so there trying to screw each other over.....so im caught in the middle of a ***** fight between 2 dealerships and i have nothing to do with this crap.........im thinknig of calling soa and telling them everything

·
Registered
114 Posts
gusto said:
junnel i would call, not email...otherwise they have you in writing youre planning on modding yadda yadda yadda. and if theyre dicks theyll probably flag you.

hard to beleive there are really dealerships out there like this.

I did it... I just called West Houston Subaru. The guy from the service dept. was really cool. I told him that I own an '03WRX and I was planning to put an STi Axle-back.

He said that "as long as the cats are intact, it will not void my warranty." He also said for me to "enjoy the new sound. You'll love it!"

Really, everyone I've dealt with over there are cool.... except for that guy with the glasses who works in the finance/warranty dept. He lowballed me on my trade-in and didn't budge.
:mad:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gusto said:
so tell them westhouston is being douches and have them work on your car...

unless youre going to WH b/c you dont like where you got yours.
i do but i was to impatient, i cant get work on it anymore cause the WH guy told the dealer where i got it from if they see warranty work done on my car they will tell soa ...i was caught in between a ***** fight

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but at least where i got it from are checking my car for free instead of $900 WH told me........so i can fix it myself

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my dealership ownz, they helped me out they changed the valve cover for free they said they will run tests and if that doesnt fix it then we'll talk about $$$....thats still tite

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JUNNEL20 said:
I knew everything would work out for you man. Congratulations!
:D
thank you.......now im going to chill out cause maybe it is the driver, i am a speed demon :p ....i will chill out thought its not worth this stuff that happened

i just didnt want to admit it :eek:

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
WRXout said:
thank you.......now im going to chill out cause maybe it is the driver, i am a speed demon :p ....i will chill out thought its not worth this stuff that happened

i just didnt want to admit it :eek:
the first step is denial.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Snowvert said:
the first step is denial.
this is true, i jsut didnt realize how crazy i drove it, until i really thought bout it

and im not really tuned for my fmic,intake and EBC so that coudl cause it too cause when i had cobb with my stock ic it was all good then i put the fmic and played to hard

1 - 20 of 20 Posts