Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just bought my stock ‘06 WRX over the weekend and am curious about what my first mods should be. I know a turbo back exhaust is a must and know somewhat about acessport tuners and other mods you can do but what are the best first ones to make reliable power (maybe make a little more boost)? And also if I were to tune the car should I do preventative maintenance to the motor it has 114k on it(headgasket etc)?

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
There isn't really reliable ways to add power. There are ways to add it with lower chances of failure, but any additional power is additional strain.

Intakes, turbo back exhausts, and anything of that type will require a tune. Cobb sells staged packages to get it all together combined with an off the shelf tune that will support what they have sold you.

Maintenance is standard stuff on a car that old. Belts, hoses, brakes and fluid, coolant, oil, gear oil in the transmission and diffs, suspension bushings, struts, possibly springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't really reliable ways to add power. There are ways to add it with lower chances of failure, but any additional power is additional strain.

Intakes, turbo back exhausts, and anything of that type will require a tune. Cobb sells staged packages to get it all together combined with an off the shelf tune that will support what they have sold you.

Maintenance is standard stuff on a car that old. Belts, hoses, brakes and fluid, coolant, oil, gear oil in the transmission and diffs, suspension bushings, struts, possibly springs.
Thanks for the help! I’ve been looking through the car and haven’t found anything sketchy about the car. It’s getting suspension work (bought it needing control arms) done atm but as soon as it’s back I’ll be getting an invidia turbo back along with a turbo xs RFL bov.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts