ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together a set of aluminum arms for my wagon and noticed there are two ways the black end pice that holds the rear bushing can be mounted to the arm.

Here's a pic of the piece- you can towards the threaded end that it differs side to side- look right behind the "collar"

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone has a closeup pic or could crawl under their STi or WRX w/ aluminum arms- it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thechickencow said:
n00b.

I can try to check it out tomorrow at autox if need-be.
Danka- I've got a few pics of my old arms, but none that shed any light on which way these go.

Big Sky <----- suspension noob

·
Registered
653 Posts
You cannot get your head into a position to "see" this without jacking up the car, but I can "feel" the difference.

This feels right. It also makes sense from a manufacturing point of view. Big radii doesn't fowl (Yea, wrong spelling) the mating part.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The second one? That's what Clint at Vermont sports said- the bigger dished out side has the bolt heads- the less dished out side contours w/ the arm.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
317 Posts

pic of assembled arm, looks like the first one is right

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks- it's hard to see, but I think your right- looks like there is a ever so slight gap between the arm itself and the "collared" portion of the black piece.

Mike

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got off the phone w/ Mike at subaruxtras and had him pull a v7 assembled arm out and he verified it is indeed the first version.

I think I must have misunderstood Clint- or his team is running the bits the opposite way to increase caster possibly.

Thanks for everyone's help:)

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts