ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has suddenly devloped an odd pulsing vibration. It seemed to come out of nowhere and at first it felt just like a flat tire. I got out and checked, all the tires were fine. I've continued driving the car, but the vibration continues. You can feel it while cruising, but I think its more noticeable when braking. Mostly I feel it through the brake pedal, but the clutch as well.

I checked the brakes, they appear fine.

The vibration feels almost like warped rotors, but I was just driving the car normal when it started so it seems unlikely.

The car has stock suspension, tires, etc.

Could it be a CV joint? I jacked up all the wheels one at a time, and held the axle while slightly moving the wheel. None of them really had play, but the right front wheel had an noticeably different unsmooth movement. Any ideas?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
You may have a tire (or two) that is unbalanced- I'd check that first. If it is associated w/ braking ie a shudder felt, than uneven pad deposit is the culprit. Alignment would be my next step, possible that toe is out of whack. I've seen many alignments come from the factory that were total garbage (mine had extreme toe out both sides up front).

Big Sky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts