ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can give me their expertise on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the background info. Current mods on the car include a K&N Typhoon, Process West Intercooler and a Forge BPV (yellow spring). If I boost the car past ~5psi and release the throttle I can hear a "barking" noise coming from which sounds like the intake. You can hear it in the video below (sorry for the road noise).

I'm a little worried its the compressor stalling. I know for a fact it's the Forge BPV because I reverted back to my stocker and the noise is gone. I know you would probably say, well stick with the stocker, but I'm unsure it will hold the pressure of TP 3.52, so I would like to get the Forge working correctly. Any ideas on why the Forge BPV would cause this?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
but I'm unsure it will hold the pressure of TP 3.52,
Not sure what you mean by "TP 3.52" . I would make sure that the valve piston is freely moving. Maybe try removing the spring and lubricating the valve with a dry teflon lubricant. Have you tried the green spring?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Torqued performance map. It'll push about 20psi. I've taken apart the bpv and used Teflon lube but the problem still persists.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Which forge bpv did you get? Model #?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its the recirculation. I'm trying to contact forge about getting a green spring. Hopefully it'll resolve the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts