ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys as I just realized that I am loosing oil just change my oil 2-3 months ago and i have to add a quart just recently and I noticed some leak coming from one of the bolt near a connection harness below alternator and above the timing belt cover can u help me guys tnx. i'll attached the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It's pretty impossible to tell where the actual leak is. You need to clean things off and then try and isolate the source, or at least get under there and try and find the newest/wettest spot after you drive it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
like teflon said just clean everything off as best as you can check under the car too make sure theres not a bigger leak under there. At our shop we have the customer come back after 500-750 miles after cleaning the oil off. Theres a couple things behind the cover that could be the issya. How many miles on the car?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sorry guys the first two picture posted are inverted. Just realize this morning. I now put an arrow where I saw where the oil is coming out. The the two extra pictures is just to give some reference where is the close up shot came from. tnx again

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 57 k miles on my car and I already checked under the car and did not see any leak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can anyone tell me what could be the possible problem on my oil leak, I put an arrow on the pictures I posted.The leak is coming from that one bolt only that I marked with arrow. Does anyone have the same problem I have. tnx!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
You really need to clean it off before you can tell. Oil spreads like crazy so it could be coming from anywhere in there. I doubt it's coming from that bolt since very few bolts actually also plug something other than power steering. It's probably coming from somewhere else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts