Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in this low mileage but quiet upgraded 04 WRX they are willing to negotiate price, and are 100% willing to take my 3,500$ trade offer, everyone had been telling me buying a pre-modified car isn’t a good idea and you should do it yourself but I cannot find any other WRXs out there with low mileage that aren’t already modified, I will put the link to the WRX below any thought would be greatly appricated, need a veterans help

https://www.yourmth.com/UsedInvento...Sedan_Natl-Saint_Cloud-w9l0frJnTk_U1Xz2h15Nvg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finding unmodified early WRXs and STIs is very difficult. It took me 18 months to find a car that met my expectations on condition and price. First, IMHO, they're asking waaayyy too much for this one. 15k? Maybe. Also, again in my opinion, I wouldn't buy a modded car unless I knew the previous owner and how the car was treated and serviced. This one LOOKS nice, but since it's at a dealership, you have no idea of what the car was like when it was traded-in. Finally, how well do you know the dealer and his/her reputation? On a car this old, I can't imagine that they're going to give you much in the way of a real warranty.
So, my answer is: "Buyer beware". If you're willing to spend this much up front AND are prepared to spend a few thousand more getting the car to where you want it, well, OK. Otherwise, I'd keep shopping.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
That car isn’t worth 20k. It’s barely worth half of that.

Or if you just want validation. Yeah buddy go buy it. You’ll enjoy it being a maintenance nightmare and a poor daily driver.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,580 Posts
everyone had been telling me buying a pre-modified car isn’t a good idea and you should do it yourself
Everyone is wrong.

You should not buy a pre-modified car.

You should not do it yourself.

Find an unmodified car and keep it that way using authentic parts.

By the way, what kind of dealer will sell an illegal car?!...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts