ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So please excuse my ignorance. But the other say I was driving through town and I saw newer Wrx with the loudest/ best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. But anyways it sounded seriously like it had a v8 in it. It had like a super low rumble and it also was doing about 50 miles an hour but it kinda had like a pulsating noise to it like dananananananana. But I'd you guys could help me out trying tell something similar that would sound like that

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
No one can give an educated guess based on the information given...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha I knownits kinda hard to give good sound example over a board. What kind if exhaust would make a Subaru sound like a 5 liter v8? A kid I know said he's heard of ppl putting glassbacks and flowmasters?!?!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Again, no useful information.

Did you actually get a look at the exhaust? Can you describe it (e.g., angled fartcan, OE-style, etc.)? If not, you're going to get nowhere...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um I passed going down the high way. But I could tell it was big. I'd say from what I could see it probably about 5 or 6 inches in diameter and definently not a fartcan. Ha it actually sounded good

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
buff maxwell said:
Um I passed going down the high way. But I could tell it was big. I'd say from what I could see it probably about 5 or 6 inches in diameter and definently not a fartcan. Ha it actually sounded good
Can't help you there. Only exhaust I know of with that big of an outlet is the G200, and that's not too loud.

Other than that, Crawford Performance makes a Gymkhana exhaust that's obnoxiously loud; could be that (never seen one in person, so I don't know how large the outlet is):
Crawford Performance
Crawford Performance Gymkhana Practice Exhaust for 02-07 Subaru WRX and STI - YouTube

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Anything that large in diameter is by definition a fartcan...

Your best bet is to go search youtube and see if you can find one that sounds similar. But keep in mind the low quality audio most people capture alongside their videos doesn't very well represent what it sounds like in real life. Plus exhausts always sound different in person due to the nature of acoustics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once again excuse my ignorance. But how so you guys feel about the turbo xs turbo back and the amr turboback?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was looking on crawford site. and under the 02 to 05 wrx category they have the gymkhana 1 and 2 exhaust but it says it will on work on ones from 04- 07????

i have an 03?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts