Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family does a gift exchange (a secret santa type thing) the day before Christmas. The limit is $50. I can't think of anything really cool for that amount or less. Can you all help me with ideas?

And if they go over $50 that's ok...maybe my mom will get them for me. Just nothing more than $100 please. AND NOTHING FOR MY CAR either. :D

Thanks for the help.

·
1,379 Posts
Nothing for your car- that makes it harder. :confused:

My gift standby is DVDs. I always end up in gift exchanges are in the $20 range, which means one newer DVD. So, I give everyone a list of DVDs I want, and if I get any duplicates, Best Buy will take them back, no questions asked.

Gift certificates are always good.

What sort of things are you into? Any sports or pasttimes?

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gift certificates are always a safe haven for me (Britches, Sears, Best Buy, etc). I'm not really into movies all that much although I just bought a few the other day.

I'm not really 'into' much that's cheap. I love my car, but I'm trying to avoid the money pit it can be to try and get nice stuff for it. That's why I'm looking for neat little gift ideas that maybe people on here have run across.

And since my cash flow is limited I was trying to find really useful gifts they could get me that won't be a waste (I'd rather have $50 in cash than get a gift I'll use once, ya know?). Like I'd rather them pay my cell phone bill or something like that. But that's not much of a 'gift' by most people's standards (besides, Sprint won't let anyone else pay my bill without my password and same billing address as my cell bill...stupid rules!). So that's why I'm stuck.

I am going on a ski trip in Feb, so I did think of having them get me a free ski/boot rental for the week or something. But I don't know if places do that, and what a week rental would cost. Ugh, I hate holidays! =)

·
Registered
649 Posts
beastcivic said:

And since my cash flow is limited I was trying to find really useful gifts they could get me that won't be a waste (I'd rather have $50 in cash than get a gift I'll use once, ya know?).

Then why not just ask for cash. That's what I always tell my family I need more than anything. Have them wrap it in a brick or something.

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might just do that. Although it seems less 'personal'. ;)

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
junaitari said:
Less personal, but, at least it's the right size and color.:)
True. Very true.

·
Registered
641 Posts
junaitari said:

Have them wrap it in a brick or something.
hahaha and throw it through the window. :D

-LostLamb

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may have found an improvement to the cash gift... an Exxon gift card for $50. It's just like cash and it's something I need to buy on a regular occation. =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts