ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What the hell is goin on here? I have an 04 WRX and my accessport finally arrived but the damn thing isnt communicating with my ECU:mad:. Ive tried everything (that I know of). Anyone else have any ideas of whats goin on......it is an 04 wrx accessport and all of the wires were connected.

Thanks Everyone!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
When you plug into your obd2 on your car what is the message displayed on the AP?

Was it brand new or used? Have u loaded the software onto your pc and made sure the ecu identifier is set to the year and type your car is?

Post more info, I just did mine recently and I had some problems but I figured it out via troubleshooting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks,

OK, so it is brand new. The message is accessport cannot communicate with vehicle. I have not loaded the software and checked the year and model.....the package is for the correct model and year....maybe the wrong accessport was givin in the package? Ive been trouble shooting on cobb website as well and just send tech support an email as well. Any ideas?? Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
A few more questions, is your init connector the white/clear plug?

Also did you follow the instructions in the cobb manual exactly? I did reference the manual and it says that the following message:

"There was a problem with communication.Trying again... "

Is either a bad diagport, a wrong ap for your car, or your car ignition is not in the "on" position.

Is that the message you got?

Also to double check load the software, and plug your ap into your lap/desktop. Also make sure there are maps, because usually you have to download the base maps to your ap before you can do a reflash.

When your in, look at the options till you find ecu identifier and scroll down to make sure your car is listed there. If you dont see your car in here you have an ap for the wrong car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again, and yes it was the white adapter. And yes those were the messages. I will try what you said about checking with the software. I definately tried with the ignition on. I will have to check too with downloading the maps...it says they are preinstalled but maybe I will have to download them. Thanks and I will let you know how it goes. Any more questions or comments are much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
did u check the green connector wires on the driver and passenger side ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help everyone....got it together. Mikercp you were right....there was nothing on the AP so I had to download the map and put it in AP manager. Piece of cake.....Soooo pumped!! Stage 2 coming up soon!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good to hear! Im glad you were able to get the AP going, good luck with your future mods and enjoy.

Unfortunately for me, after reflash I simultaneously had my boost solenoid fail, so I havent even experienced stage 1 flash.. haha oh well Im a patient guy so no rush.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts