ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to change out the spark plugs, Suburu is charging $300 for only the hours to change em out. Not counting the cost of the plugs themselves. I don't have that much laying around right now. Can this be done with novice hands? And could anyone help me out who knows their way around the engine bay of a 2.5L? I honestly don't even know where they are and do not have a service manual. Does anyone also have a pdf of the manual?

Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just found a tutorial from Big Sky in the maintenance portion, however, still would love the company if anyone in Oly wants to help :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
if you lived down in portland I would help out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like you need to make a trip to PRE that way they can do that for you and give your car a good check to see if you have any other issues that may be coming up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not driving 2hrs for spark plugs man, I can do it myself. Now lifting my car is another thing. Having trouble accomplishing that. But those are good people at PRE nonetheless. WorldOne has been good to me as well. Thanks though

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I need to buy the plugs, and could prob use the help to take them out, and I want to lift the car, tried it before with no luck, and I hear its completely brainless to do too. But I'm an artist, not an engineer.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm not that far away, if you wanted some help. Lift the car?? Opposite of lower, you just wanna put some turns on the spanner nut??

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah just some turns with the spanner, you see I had spent like 4 hours doing one side and no matter what I did nothing happened, it was damn frustrating. I want to lift it because its its low IMO, even though I like it. But I want more play in the springs, the car is off balance being so low, the negative camber even after a thorough alignment throws the car around, even though in corners I grip wonderfully. I also don't like the tires rubbing against the fender, I cannot justify the price of rolling my fenders until the next autocross season.

Sigh, so yeah I could use help. You offering? I would appreciate it. I have a garage to work in too

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yeah I can help. I'm new to the Subie scene, but I use to do alot of off-road suspension stuff. Adjusting your ride height up shouldn't be a problem. You obviously have the spanner wrench, what about jacks, jackstands all that other goodstuff??

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup everything we need, except for some specialized tools for the plugs

·
Registered
663 Posts
What do you need, spark plug socket, swivel, extensions?? I have most of that stuff...................

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I will need those actually, I have those things pertaining to Motorcycles, but not the right size for cars. So yeah, a ratchet with a dual swiveling head would be ideal, according to the links below on this thread.

·
Registered
663 Posts
We'll set it up for sometime this weekend. It looks like a tight squeeze, I'll pick up some of the sockets with the swivel built in(I checked out that other thread). I have regular sockets and swivels but this gives me an excuse to buy the right stuff. I saw that you posted on Rob's bbq thread. We'll chat at the bbq and get it set up.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, everything went together well.....
Great job on those things man. Thanks for helping me today too. Hope u get your bushing done so we can see the different. Let me know what sup man. Good to c u again bro.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yeah I will need those actually, I have those things pertaining to Motorcycles, but not the right size for cars. So yeah, a ratchet with a dual swiveling head would be ideal, according to the links below on this thread.
Good job on tighten the lug nuts huh? hahhaha:whoa::rolleyes:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I Hope your right uber HID light flickers forever!!! hahaha :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts