Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased a 06 wrx with bigger turbo, bigger intercooler and a couple other things. Took to suby dealer for airbag recall and they said their computer wouldnt even hook to it because of the aftermarket stuff. Problem i have is everytime you have to unhook the battery for something, car runs bad until the computer resets or something. Sometimes continues to run poorly. What do i need to do?

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Try not to curse.

Their computer should plug read from the ecu even if it has been tuned. Unless by chance you have an aftermarket ecu.

You know you’ve got a “bigger” turbo and intercooler. Do you know what else has been modified or how it was tuned, or where it was tuned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try not to curse.

Their computer should plug read from the ecu even if it has been tuned. Unless by chance you have an aftermarket ecu.

You know you’ve got a “bigger” turbo and intercooler. Do you know what else has been modified or how it was tuned, or where it was tuned.
i am new to this turbo thing, it has the elect over air servo, and two aluminum canisters, one has coolant going thru it, other i am not sure. Tune have no clue. Car wont run properly unless their is a check engine light code and cruse doesnt work, light flashes.clear the codes, runs like crap.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
So the car runs poorly without a cel. With a cel it runs great?

I think the car needs tuned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the car runs poorly without a cel. With a cel it runs great?

I think the car needs tuned.
doesnt always run good when cel is on, just sometimes runs better, dont want to invest in expensive tuner if that doent fix the issue, thinking of going back to stock parts, just want a car to run right all the time

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
If that car hasn’t been tuned I’ll be surprised if it runs much longer. You need to find a shop and take it to them. There are good performance shops all over that can find out what’s installed and if it’s flashed with a tune.

In the mean time it’s undrivable. You can start checking for vacuum and boost leaks while it sits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts