Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Lurked here for many years. 15+ year member on other Subaru forums but decided to join here tonight to see if anyone here is kind enough to help me in my search for a ultra low mileage 2004-2007 sti. Ideally, 5,000 miles or less….I would really like a car with 2000 miles or under that’s still “new” or “leftover” Under 10,000 miles will do. Hoping everyone here is kinder than the other 2 Subaru forums I’ve mentioned this on. Maybe someone knows of one a dealership never sold or a friend has. Anyways, I’m ready to pay top top dollar and also pay a very nice finders fee. I’m not some rich millionaire with 30+ cars, just a guy whose saved for a long time and couldn’t afford them when new. Looking to finally have the chance to buy a “new” classic sti.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Already kind of explained what I am looking for and joined for on my intro post

Hey guys,
Lurked here for many years. 15+ year member on other Subaru forums but decided to join here tonight to see if anyone here is kind enough to help me in my search for a ultra low mileage 2004-2007 sti. Ideally, 5,000 miles or less….I would really like a car with 2000 miles or under that’s still “new” or “leftover” Under 10,000 miles will do. Hoping everyone here is kinder than the other 2 Subaru forums I’ve mentioned this on. Maybe someone knows of one a dealership never sold or a friend has. Anyways, I’m ready to pay top top dollar and also pay a very nice finders fee. I’m not some rich millionaire with 30+ cars, just a guy whose saved for a long time and couldn’t afford them when new. Looking to finally have the chance to buy a “new” classic sti.

anyone recall any dealers keeping a new 04-07 sti years ago and not selling or maybe keeping one unintentionally as a “left over” (couple Cali mitsu dealers did this and sold off a new old evo ix inventory Between 2017-2019)

Anyways hoping this can be a fun discussion maybe someone can help me track one down! I had found a car in GA that unfortunately is now in Germany (05,160 miles, still new in wrapper) and never for sale per owner. Shame!
Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Seen one in Canada couples years ago, it was the price of a supercar, I dont remember exactly but ~80,000$ , don’t know if by savings you mean that kind of money for a stock sti…
You could build a 1000hp one with that money, including revamping a used one to fully new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seen one in Canada close to ottawa couples years ago, it was the price of a supercar, I dont remember exactly but between 80,000$-100,000$ don’t know if by savings you meat that kind of money for a stock sti…
You could build a 1000hp one with that money, including revamping a used one to fully new

One in Canada was 55k usd, and wasn’t a real ad. The real owner from GA moved his car w him to germany

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Good
No negativity, its just great to see both sides of the medal.
I wish you luck, I understand the collector side of it, just wanted to chime in

I see them better than most. A 800 mile 2006 evo ix was just sold on bat last month. The simple fact is these cars are out there and exist, and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant. Thanks for your input though

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good

I see them better than most. A 800 mile 2006 evo ix was just sold on bat last month. I found and bought a new 2004 R32 from the original owner 2 years ago with under 1500 miles. The simple fact is these cars are out there and exist, and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant. Thanks for your input though
I want to see picture of that R32, I like those cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good

I see them better than most. A 800 mile 2006 evo ix was just sold on bat last month. I found and bought a new 2004 R32 from the original owner 2 years ago with under 1500 miles. The simple fact is these cars are out there and exist, and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant. Thanks for your input though
also it’s metal**

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
clearly that’s what I’m looking for. These cars exist. No need for negativity, good luck
I wasn't being negative.

The people who would hold on to a vehicle like that are not doing it to sell typically, they are doing it to have a rarity and 15 years down the road the value isn't enough to make them want to sell. Nobody was paying 60k for a 69 Camaro in '85.

Outside of that I've only seen a few in collections but they are typically special editions or serial numbers however I've never seen one anyone is willing to unload. If I recall SOA or a huge Cali dealership has never driven firsts of each generation.

If this is setting you are serious about, and have the expendable cash to back it up, your best bet is looking around collector car communities and auctions. Sometimes they have buyers or hunters that specifically do this job and find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can
I wasn't being negative.

The people who would hold on to a vehicle like that are not doing it to sell typically, they are doing it to have a rarity and 15 years down the road the value isn't enough to make them want to sell. Nobody was paying 60k for a 69 Camaro in '85.

Outside of that I've only seen a few in collections but they are typically special editions or serial numbers however I've never seen one anyone is willing to unload. If I recall SOA or a huge Cali dealership has never driven firsts of each generation.

If this is setting you are serious about, and have the expendable cash to back it up, your best bet is looking around collector car communities and auctions. Sometimes they have buyers or hunters that specifically do this job and find what you are looking for.
Can you message me and expand on which California dealership you think has those cars? SOA has 1 2004 sti that has 10k miles so maybe it’s the dealers your thinking of.

·
Æternum
16,144 Posts
Welcome to Club!

What's your budget? I'm seeing those types of cars go for about $70-80k right now. Is that worth it to you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to Club!

What's your budget? I'm seeing those types of cars go for about $70-80k right now. Is that worth it to you?
Do you have one you would consider selling? PM me and we can talk. Willing to pay top of market. Last low mileage sti on bat (2005/ 17k kilometers) sold mid 40s and I’m willing to do much higher of course…. I don’t have a budget for the right car. If you have one of know of some pm me and let’s discuss thanks

·
Æternum
16,144 Posts
No, and I don't think anything I said indicated that I had a collector's car in my possession.

17,000 kms (low mileage) is a LOT different from < 2000 kms (collector's car) and I'd expect the price to reflect this.

·
Super Moderator
11,766 Posts
Can

Can you message me and expand on which California dealership you think has those cars? SOA has 1 2004 sti that has 10k miles so maybe it’s the dealers your thinking of.
It's something I saw in passing on a history of Subaru rally stuff some years back. I couldn't tell you the dealership if you put a gun to my head just that someone had it.

Although collectors are enthusiasts, enthusiasts are not always collectors. One values preservation of originality the other wants 1000whp out of their compact shitbox for the lulz or some competitive environment.

I did some googlefuing and haven't really come across anything outside of some sold low mileage models. I've been in the hunt for a unmolested 06 that some 19 year old hasn't beaten to death but it seems to be a unicorn for the price I'm willing to part with.

If I do come across anything that might fit your bill I'll post it here.

Your search is an interesting one. Hopefully it pans out and you dont spend ages waiting for perfection when imperfect will fill that gap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, and I don't think anything I said indicated that I had a collector's car in my possession.

17,000 kms (low mileage) is a LOT different from < 2000 kms (collector's car) and I'd expect the price to reflect this.

The money isn’t an issue.I will pay accordingly. I’ve owned ultra low mileage cars. I have 2 right now. I’m aware of the market. No budget issue like I mentioned before

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's something I saw in passing on a history of Subaru rally stuff some years back. I couldn't tell you the dealership if you put a gun to my head just that someone had it.

Although collectors are enthusiasts, enthusiasts are not always collectors. One values preservation of originality the other wants 1000whp out of their compact shitbox for the lulz or some competitive environment.

I did some googlefuing and haven't really come across anything outside of some sold low mileage models. I've been in the hunt for a unmolested 06 that some 19 year old hasn't beaten to death but it seems to be a unicorn for the price I'm willing to part with.

If I do come across anything that might fit your bill I'll post it here.

Your search is an interesting one. Hopefully it pans out and you dont spend ages waiting for perfection when imperfect will fill that gap
thank you. Please PM me directly if you come across it. If I end up buying it I’ll send $1500 + your way

·
Registered
374 Posts
The chance of finding one of these is astronomically low. You'd be better off finding a used one and building it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts