Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so i'm using testes1010 map but im not hitting the psi boost level. I'm maxing out at 12 psi. He says to turn the waste gate around 2 full turns. I did 4 full turns so far it went from 10 to 12psi. Should i keep turning?

· Premium Member
15,876 Posts
No you need to figure out what the issue is instead. I use that map with some tweaks - boost should be up considerably higher.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok still at 4 turns no other adjustment. Peak 1-3 gear 12psi. but 4 gear i hit 15psi dont have enough area for 5th to test. so im close only 3 psi away. the only other factor is possibly my car isn't warmed up enough or isn't that a factor?

· Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Ok still at 4 turns no other adjustment. Peak 1-3 gear 12psi. but 4 gear i hit 15psi dont have enough area for 5th to test. so im close only 3 psi away. the only other factor is possibly my car isn't warmed up enough or isn't that a factor?

So you were hitting peak boost targets without a problem before flashing the map? If will help if you can post a data log for us to review.

If you don't warm the car up properly before getting into boost you're going to have much greater problems than not hitting your boost targets. You always need to wait until the oil is at operating temperature before driving the car hard.. it takes the oil roughly twice as long from the point that the coolant temp gauge levels off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.