Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be repair via replacement parts or does this need cut and welded? I checked out the oem store and found what I think could be replacement parts for this section but when I talked to a local shop they think they need to cut and weld. Could really use some alternate opinions or advice on this. thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cut and weld, go to junk yard and cut same piece off. From right below the roof and above the fender. Only way I would think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
The other opinion is this car is a unibody. It either goes to the junkyard or you have to have an extremely competent body guy cut out everything and weld a new unit back in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other opinion is this car is a unibody. It either goes to the junkyard or you have to have an extremely competent body guy cut out everything and weld a new unit back in.
Cut and weld, go to junk yard and cut same piece off. From right below the roof and above the fender. Only way I would think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I looked into it more, the post inside and out is separate. It can be removed by grinding off some spot welds on the top and bottom and a new post can be spot welded in. The outside/body is also separate.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
I looked into it more, the post inside and out is separate. It can be removed by grinding off some spot welds on the top and bottom and a new post can be spot welded in. The outside/body is also separate.
Buddy, that a pillar is dead, down to the unibody. if it hit the door, as it seems to have, that a pillar is no longer a support.

·
Æternum
15,516 Posts
Oh man... :(

Was this a tree that fell on the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts