Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am getting my suspension installed and setup Friday. But the shop doing the alignment does not have the 2002 WRX specs on it, but then its not going to be stock anyway. But I need to know what specs I need to have it set to. Also, what ride height as well. Is a 1 1/2" drop good?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Z3Coupe,

I read this from the SPD Tuning site (technical type articles). They recommend:

Front - ~3/4 degree negative camber, 1/16+ inch toe-out

Rear - leave stock

The front settings, according to the article, are designed fro more grip in turns. He also says to run slightly lower tire pressure up front and slightly higher tire pressure in back. The higher pressure in back is to help with turn-in. However, watch high speed trail braking. He likes to run 35 pounds (cold) with his 205/45-17 PZeros, but mentions it'll change depending on tire (and of course driver preference. He puts the back pressure 2 - 4 pounds higher than front for the twisties.

BTW, these numbers could be for RS, but I believe they are for the WRX.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I already sent both Cobb and SPD an E-Mail asking for their help. That link you sent Refuse, sure is vague in a way. Seems no one agrees on the front camber there :)

Just coming from a stock class bimmer with NO adjustablility to this car and STX class, I'm sort of a fish outta water if you know what I mean. Soon I'll get to know what to do, but at the moment I don't - and its all getting installed Friday for my first race with it on Sunday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts