ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I need an opinion. Im throwing around the idea of getting some black or gunmetal wheels to use on my STi and going all black. The goldies are pretty worn (from normal wear and tear) and was thinking of using them as my winters. What do you guys think?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Depends on what wheels you're talking about...

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I've mentioned this a few times here ...

Wheels are some of the more aesthetically pleasing items on a car. The right wheels really make the car pop visually. Why hide all of that with the least visible color (absence of all color really)? I know black has become quite popular - I just don't get it.

If you want the murdered Darth Vader look, go for it.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
why spend money on nice wheels that are black when you can buy steel black wheels for the same look?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
why spend money on nice wheels that are black when you can buy steel black wheels for the same look?
This.

Here's what my unintentionally murdered out Bugeye looks like with the snow wheels:

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
haha, love the continuity with the bridge...

Personally, Im not a fan of the murdered look. Black wheels look pretty good on some of the other colors tho. Its kinda like a suit. Some black looks good together, but all black looks like a funeral...a gangster funeral lol.

But as everyone always says on here...Its your car, do what you please. Also, you could use Forza to play with the wheel styles and colors and see what you like best (yea, i did just say that)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone has a good point. I havent actually looked just yet. Just something I was considering. I'm not sold on the murdered look. Just an idea I was toying around with. Just looking for something different. Like I said I may potentially use the gold ones for my winter set.

Spirited that is an excellent idea. Didnt think of that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay another question to add to this. I am still looking at black wheels but I am also looking at some gold ones from XXR. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Okay another question to add to this. I am still looking at black wheels but I am also looking at some gold ones from XXR. Anyone have any experience with them?
Go gold...if you copy me I'll kick your taint.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha! Im not afraid of you. Besides the black ones I'm looking at are the XXR 525s. They have a red accent on them so I wouldnt be copying you exactly. :p

·
8,921 Posts
Ha! Im not afraid of you. Besides the black ones I'm looking at are the XXR 525s. They have a red accent on them so I wouldnt be copying you exactly. :p
Still too close. GTFO with you crampin my style!

Actually I don't really care lol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well if I wanted to copy you all I would have to do is drive my car into a lake. :rotfl:

·
8,921 Posts
Well if I wanted to copy you all I would have to do is drive my car into a lake and then make my car awesome. :rotfl:
Fixed!

Also my opinion about the time attack style with the red stripe...unless you have other red accents, like the 4/2 pot calipers that came on the 06/07s, it looks kinda goofy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fixed!

Also my opinion about the time attack style with the red stripe...unless you have other red accents, like the 4/2 pot calipers that came on the 06/07s, it looks kinda goofy.
:rotfl:

I was actually thinking about that. I'm still looking around. Such a pain cause I'm picky

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Well if I wanted to copy you all I would have to do is drive my car into a lake. :rotfl:
Ouch, but good recovery Drews...also does it matter, how many times will your two cars be near enough to cramp?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts