1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I don't feel they are an unreasonable priced for a starting point. Understand those are at dealerships so you have haggling room.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
I don't feel they are an unreasonable priced for a starting point. Understand those are at dealerships so you have haggling room.
Agreed. Looks to be about what a dealer would normally charge. Like you said though..it's a dealer so there is always wiggle room on the price.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
the prices sounds right. my 05 had 50k and the dealer wanted 18k. i got it down to 17k i think.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Prices look normal, I have seen lower, and got my 04 wrx with 44k miles for 14.5k after talking them down from 15.5k

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
Why do I feel the price is high on these Subaru's?
Nobody can answer that except you. However, the price of anything makes absolutely no difference. The only thing that matters is how much you're willing to part with.

They don't want the cars, that's why they're selling them. If you do want the cars, go tell them how much you'll part with and see what they say. The worst they can say is either "no" or even "yes" depending on the condition of the car -- and you should have an independent mechanic sort that out for you before buying, plus check for a service record.

Be careful not to get too involved in the process under their terms and on their territory. Treat your time as much more valuable than theirs, and treat your interests as crucial while treating theirs as meaningless. At the first sign of posturing or old-style "negotiations" leave them your card and go home. If they want the money, they'll call.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Nobody can answer that except you. However, the price of anything makes absolutely no difference. The only thing that matters is how much you're willing to part with.

They don't want the cars, that's why they're selling them. If you do want the cars, go tell them how much you'll part with and see what they say. The worst they can say is either "no" or even "yes" depending on the condition of the car -- and you should have an independent mechanic sort that out for you before buying, plus check for a service record.

Be careful not to get too involved in the process under their terms and on their territory. Treat your time as much more valuable than theirs, and treat your interests as crucial while treating theirs as meaningless. At the first sign of posturing or old-style "negotiations" leave them your card and go home. If they want the money, they'll call.
wow, excellent advice!!! and well put.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you all make good points. but i saw a 2007 subaru wrx which was automatic, with a few less options, but with the same or less mileage as these two, for 15,000

·
Peachypumpkincheeks
8,621 Posts
you all make good points. but i saw a 2007 subaru wrx which was automatic, with a few less options, but with the same or less mileage as these two, for 15,000
Buyer beware! Either that's the deal of a lifetime, or there's a catch. Was this an online deal? Was it from a reputable dealership? Perhaps there was a typo in the price?

And one more trite saying for the road, 'if it seems too good to be true...'

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
0 Posts
have you tried autotrader? I was actually looking at that one in kalamazoo, but It was a little more than I was willing to spend. It has high milage and I ran a carfax on it.. one owner and no problems.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea jasonspeed i am always looking on autotrader, and the only black one within 200 miles of me that it brought up, was the one in kalamazoo. i dno if its better to pay more to get less milage. I'd certainly like to have one under 50k miles. My new approach to searching is going to google and typing in ohio subaru dealers, or in your case, wisconsin subaru dealers. then clicking the 2nd link and it gives a big list of cities in the state that have subarus for sale. then i click each city and see if there is any imprezas. so far i have found more cars, which means they werent put on autotrader.

my parents say i cant get one right this moment cuz im not done with school. (I will be in May) and that i dont have a permanent job, which is true cuz its an IT internship job making $650 every two weeks, which isnt bad.

But if the right car does come along for the right price, you better be sure im getting it cuz i already slipped up on an opportunity that i didnt know was so rare. I saw on autotrader a while back a 2003 STI black with about 80k miles on it for around $11k in Illinois. I would def take a bugeye STI if i could find one.

As far as the 06+ models, I dont like the look of the front. Just looks way diff than the 04-05 which is my fav.

·
Registered
0 Posts
tmann05

I know what you mean. I'm not too concerned with the mileage since Subaru's have a reputation of running for 200k miles. Keep in mind that the insurance is going to be expensive. There are only a few used WRX's for sale in Wisconsin for sale. A couple of 02's who want too much for the mileage in my opinion, and there is one that was flood damaged. The good ones go fast, There was a sonic yellow one in GB that was in my range for mileage and price, but I"m a week too late. The only big problem I can see for buying long distance is you don't always get the opportunity to go and try the car out before you go to get it. But even if you show up with the cash in hand, don't be afraid to walk away if something isn't setting with you.
If you find anything up here that you are questioning, Let me know and I can check it out for you if it isn't too far away. I'm all over the middle and northern parts of the state on a somewhat regular basis.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
I saw on autotrader a while back a 2003 STI black with about 80k miles on it for around $11k in Illinois.

No such cars were officially sold in the US by authorized dealers.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I believe it was from a private seller, not a dealer. I saved the picture from it cuz i really wanted it. It was on autotrader on November 19th. Look

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
That's not an STi.

No brembos. The scoop is too small. It's a bugeye. The USDM STi was not released until 04 (blobeye). Additionally, (I could be wrong) I don't think the JDM/EDM bugeye STi had the same wing as the USDM STi.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm well it was listed as an STI, so hope no one bought it thinking it was:confused:

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Small mistakes that make a big difference are common in auto listings.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts