ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be building another computer and I havent been keeping up with everything. I thought I would pick everyones brains.

Does anyone know what a good flat panel monitor(lcd, tft, plasma, whatever...) would be? I am looking for 18" or bigger.

Or does anyone want to just loan me like say 6g's for a falcon northwest? I promise it will go to good use...:D ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I was kind of wondering what to look for.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
If you're a gamer, look into LCD vs. CRT monitors. A year ago, at least, many gamers preferred CRT's because the flat-panels just couldn't redraw the screen fast enough...

-snowcat

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
If you want an LCD for gaming, you will want to look at response time. Not a lot of manufacturers list that spec though.

Right now the Dell Ultrasharp 2001FP is one of the fastest monitors at 16 ms I believe.

Solarism also makes monitors with comparable response times, but not as big as the Dell.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've played on that panel and I hated the experience...everything seemed to have trails playing unreal tournament 2004, quake 3, NFS Underground.

IN my eyes, the only way to game is on CRT! Look for a Compaq P1200 or p1210...22" flat tube, does 120HZ refresh rate at 1600x1200, does 85HZ at 2048x1536 (YES, DOUBLE 1024x768!!!) AND, The new radeon and nvidia cards WILL go up that high, and WHOA Yous hould see Unreal Tournament 2004 at that res....talk about pertty!

Sony makes a 24" 16:4 widescreen CRT that I've seen on pricewatch.com for $500 at an offlease company. WHOA! I WANT THAT MONITOR!!!! It retails for somewhere over $1000, and does crazy sized resolutions....granted it weighs about 100 pounds, but my desk can handle that no problem....

HOLEY CRAP! Here's the P1210 for $169 buy it now..and it's the new version of it, so it's less than 2 years old! Damnit.....heh heh...i think i'm getting one... BTW...the specs say it only does 1920x1440 but they do go up to 2048x1536.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41807&item=5112591839&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts