ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the forums and the subaru world so i dont really know which direction to turn. i have an 06 wrx. when i bought it, it came with full exhaust (cnt), upgraded intercooler, headers, and a short air intake (not installed yet). im 20 so i havent had loads of time to work on cars so i dont really know that much about them. i bought this car because i have always heard good things ab wrxs. i would like to know what to do next. suspension? engine? brands? like i said, i do not know alot ab cars but have friends who do so labor isnt an issue, just need good basic knowledge to know where to start. take it easy on me, this is my first post on the forums lol.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Has the car been tuned?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to my knowledge. i have a cobb access tuner that came with the car but i dont really trust myself using it yet.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Since you bought a used car, first thing, change all the fluids in it...including transmission/rear differential fluid.

Second, whats your budget you want to spend and your goal? Those are the 2 most important pieces to planning and modifying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has a stage 2 tune. my check engine light has come on for a fuel too lean and my o2 sensor by the cat. is this something i should worry about. i think the fuel too lean code is because i (wife) misplaced my gas cap and i bought one from walmart and since then ive been getting that code. ne wayz back on topic, i was thinking about maybe a cam. ne suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have a massive amount of cash on hand to spend. i will like most everyone else be buying things one piece at a time. things on my wishlist are cams, new wheels and tires, tein coilovers, and strut bars. what do yall think?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check all your fluids and change them. You need to figure out your CEL's and find out why your throwing a lean code ASAP. I would recommend getting a good set of gauges as your first mod. How many miles on the car? Do you have maintenance records? Now you said the car came with all those parts but were not installed yet? But your running a stage 2 map? If that is the case you might want to go back to a stock map install the TBE and intake then load your stage 2 map and post your data log. Im not sure if the IC and headers require a tune so I don't want to give you any misleading information. Then if all is good you can go get a pro tune and get some more power. Also will this be a daily driver?

·
Registered
45 Posts
holy batman revival last year thread.

2 mistake op did when he bought that car.

1. he bought that car
2. didnt get a leak/ compression test. and its out of warranty.
3. better have some oh shiat fund on the side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts