ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am very picky and cant decide what to do about what engine management to get, i dont really want to spend more than $700 on something, and only mods i am doing right now is exaust(spelling), not anything big maybee up pipe later. Here is what i would like:

Launch control
Looks cool??somethin with screen
nothin to fancy
lots more power,

or i can go with just a ecu reflash, but dont know where and how much they are.

·
Registered
309 Posts
just get a cobb. If I were you I would forget about launch control. Its very hard on the car and you should really know exactly what you are doing when you set it up. Besides, once you have it, you'll be tempted to use it possibly more often than you should. Its very expensive to replace a broken tranny.

If you dont want to spend more than 700 dollars on EM, I doubt you want to pay thousands to fix your tranny.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You should get EM before you get a bigger turbo.

Our ECU is not setup to handle anything but the stock turbo. If you throw something else in there, you need a way to control it.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
UTEC has launch control. TurboXS very strongly recommends you not use it.... and the number of things that have been broken by people who use it is quite lengthy. I used it once or twice on stage 2 just to see what would happen. Funny, I didn't know my CEL could change its text to blink FOOK YOU! FOOK YOU! FOOK YOU! FOOK YOU! (misfire 1, 2, 3, and 4)...but, hey, stranger things have happened. :rolleyes:

I concur, forget about launch control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts