ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i parked my car at a friends house and the next morning when i awoke i noticed all these little dots.. so instantly i was pist KNOWING that it was SAP from the trees around his house *particularly the one above my car* ..but my question is.. should i wait and let the sap weather before trying to wash it off? I know subaru's paint isnt the best in the world.. im just a little worried.. or should i hurry home and wash her 3 or 4 times now =) Thanks guys

Jason

·
Registered
241 Posts
no dont wash it, there is adhesive remover, since sap is like glue, you should go to autozone and pick up a bottle and spray it on let it set for a bit and put some elbow grease into it THEN wash it

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man..i cant even begin to explain how pist i was when i walked out side and saw all those stupid little dots... man it sucked.. =) anywayz.. thanks for the advice..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i use this stuff called "hondacleaner" it cleans all sorts of crap without harming the paint.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I don't necessarily think you have to go through the trouble of using adhesive remover before washing the car. I live in Quebec and as you know Maple syrup as well as sapped on cars is a common occurance. Sap is water soluble(duh) and if you go through the regular water down, soap, rinse, you'd be alright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts