ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking at several dealers to buy an '02 WRX Sedan. I've found one listed at $17,700 at a dealer; which I can hopefully talk him down to the 16/16.5 range. The car looks great, and the dealer said there's no problems with the car. It has 42k miles on it and comes with the standard options. Should I continue shopping for a better deal or does this seem like a decent price?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just to give you something to compare it to -

I bought mine in April of this year....it's a silver '03 Sedan and it had 9,000 miles on it....turbo gauge, carbon fiber interior, upgraded sound, spotless interior and exterior/like new, and I paid 18,500.

What's it look like? Any mods? Does the dealer know the car's history? How does it drive? 42k miles seems high for a 2 year old car.

Unless this car is absolutely solid, I'd say shop around a bit. Look online too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods, and looks to be in good condition. Out of curiosity, did you get yours from a dealer or the classifieds?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Lowball the piss out of them. If they want to move it, you'll get it after a little haggling.

Money talks, let it speak for you...and yeah, GO FOR IT!

-tp

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah you can low ball the 03-03's Easily!!!

I was at a subie dealer today just messing around, and they just got a 03 Wagon in and they just put a sticker on for 19k in a matter of less than 15 min i had him donw to 15k just by the things i pointed out that warranted it to be at a lower price. also is it sold as is or with a current warranty? if its as is, i say low ball away!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
PaulNEPats said:
No mods, and looks to be in good condition. Out of curiosity, did you get yours from a dealer or the classifieds?
A very good Honda dealership of all places. I honestly don't think they knew what they had on their lot with this car. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the dealer down to 16k, but I'm tempted to wait another week to see if a better deal pops up. I'm kind've worried about 42k miles being on the car. What do you guys think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts