Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im new to this whole forum thing but anywho i recently bought my first subaru. 06 wrx impreza limited with an ej205 and a whole **** ton of problems lol after replacing/upgrading EVERYTHING and dumping thousands into it, hes ready to be tuned but in all honesty ive never owned a car that needed to be tuned so needless to say im pretty lost. I took out the stock turbo and swapped in a gt28rs with all new boost lines/hoses/clamps throughout the whole motor sti top mount with sti coil packets and injectors with a recirculating bov. Ive replaced the radiator as well as fan plus all new sensors and new fuses on top of a new stage 3 clutch i justtt finished putting in. I just needa know which way to take this tuning wise and for someone to explain a little on how to do it without being a **** lol im used to my supras and old celicas and my imported car so this whole thing was a new project for me. Definitely appreciate any help and advice!:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I'm assuming you meant ej255? That's the engine that it came with from the factory. Not many people out there running the GT28rs.. is it the stock location one made by ATP?

I don't know where you live, but the best advice I can give on tuning with the AP is to schedule an appointment with the nearest reputable Subaru Protuner and tell them what you want. It's worth driving to a shop and have it tuned in person. If you list your location we can let you know who will be best in your area. :thumbup:

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
There is no shelf map that would be safe for your vehicle. You will need a custom calibration for what you've done to the vehicle already. Update with your location, and we should be able to help point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in colorado springs and there arent very many tuners here that are reputable sadly and no sir its a stock ej205 i even have 2 thermostats which i learned when i pulled the whole inter cooler and turbo to swap things out.

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
Subie_Raven said:
I live in colorado springs and there arent very many tuners here that are reputable sadly and no sir its a stock ej205 i even have 2 thermostats which i learned when i pulled the whole inter cooler and turbo to swap things out.
So the previous owner swapped out for a crappier engine.

You can bring the car up to TheBoostCreep a little ways north of Denver.

·
Æternum
16,063 Posts
i even have 2 thermostats which i learned when i pulled the whole inter cooler and turbo to swap things out.
What on Earth are you talking about?

The thermostat is located aside the water pump assembly. You don't have two nor would you see that pulling out the turbo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.