ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was hoping to gain some advice. I'm looking to buy a 2002 subaru wrx. What are a couple of things i should look for or beware of? currently i have 2 cars i'm lookng at. One is 86k miles the other is 100k miles. Should that be a huge consideration in my decision?

any insight willl be helpful

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,451 Posts
Hello,

Look in the purchasing forum for the sticky threads. They have lots of info on how/what/why etc.

Welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Between those 2 choices it's really the feel of the tranny that is the most critical IMO. My 02 had a clunky gearbox but was fine to drive...but some have issues getting into gear or grinding or the like. Test drive both but personally I would concentrate on how the car shifts more than anything. How much are each of them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Between those 2 choices it's really the feel of the tranny that is the most critical IMO. My 02 had a clunky gearbox but was fine to drive...but some have issues getting into gear or grinding or the like. Test drive both but personally I would concentrate on how the car shifts more than anything. How much are each of them?
the price difference is 1000 bucks, but the one that cost less has new tires and has all records of work done on the car.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Look for signs of modifications. A lot of people mod their car and then sloppily put the car back to stock and you end up buying a lemon. The less mods the better IMHO. Unless you know for sure the car was modded/tuned properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts