ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 wrx wagon has 29k on it. I'm the only owner
A while ago, I had my tire plugged because there was a leak.
Lately, I have noticed a sound coming from the same side, not sure which tire though.
My friend said that it sounds like the rotor is going in the back.
Aren't rotors supposed to be covered for a car with 29k on it?
I don't beat on the car. Once in a while, I'll open it up, sure.
but I don't race to speed lights or anything!!
I just called my Subaru dealer and he wants to charge me 34 bucks just to look at the brakes!!!
I'm like 'i don't wanna piss this away if it isn't the brakes?!?'
ehhh...any advice is appreciated. thanks

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
If you had a tire plugged on that wheel, I'll put money on a shifted belt in the tire. It will make noise for a while until it will finally let loose. It will make a warped rotor sound and feel, but balance out perfect. Does your brake pedal flutter?

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trainrex said:
If you had a tire plugged on that wheel, I'll put money on a shifted belt in the tire. It will make noise for a while until it will finally let loose. It will make a warped rotor sound and feel, but balance out perfect. Does your brake pedal flutter?
Andrew, no...the pedal doesn't flutter. that is what makes me think it's the tire. Should I get a new tire then?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
wrxlude said:
Andrew, no...the pedal doesn't flutter. that is what makes me think it's the tire. Should I get a new tire then?
I hate to tell you to spend money, but yes odds are you need a new tire. If you want to be sure, swap it to the front for shlts and giggles and see if it does it on the front. If it does, you need a tire:)

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
wrxlude said:
Thanks, guys.
My friend just told me it's a rear bearing...dunno which one though.
Always a possibility. I suggested the tire because it had been plugged. Once a tire is plugged, it is doomed to fail:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts